Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

anti-theism and the modern world.

Posted Jun 19, '12 at 3:11pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

some months ago, some1 here said he did believe in god but hadn't any trust in his religious leaders and system. and called going to church a waste of time.
i dunno what his reasons behind it are but i guess he can be put in that group.

well he could simply believe in god and thats it. some people even believe in a god but dont follow any of the religions. besides, think about how old most religions are. there is a great chance that what the religion was supposed to be aiming for is totally different from what it is today. many religions have many branches. some christians believe that non-christians go to heaven too. and there is actually a pretty logical explanation for that. who knows, maybe that minority is actually right about what christianity is supposed to be.

the same can be said in most religions.

Posted Jun 19, '12 at 11:47pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

Did some looking into. It seems a theistic antitheist is one who believes god exists but doesn't believe that god is worthy of worship.

An example would be if someone objectively demonstrated to me that the God of the Bible existed and that God was as he is depicted in the Bible. This God demonstrated to be real would be one I would believe exists, but I wouldn't find such a God worthy of worship. Thus making me a theistic antitheist in such a situation.

Posted Jun 22, '12 at 12:57pm

pyroa

pyroa

5 posts

remember that anti-theism is only when someone does not beleive that there should be organized religioun, or any religioun at all. many people do look this way because of certain topics, such as terrorism is caused by religioun, due to the fact that the terror strikes are caused by muslim radicals trying to convert people over by force, or simply the fact that so much hate and violence happen due to modern religioun, and all throughout time people have had wars to settle religious disputes (i.e. the crusades, the holy war, the pagan uprisings,etc.) some people believe that if religioun had been disowned by people, then these events would not have happened. the numbers of these people are quite staggering in fact, a large chunk of the atheist population belongs to this group, as well as certain poeple who dont hold organized religioun.

Posted Jun 22, '12 at 1:03pm

pyroa

pyroa

5 posts

It seems a theistic antitheist is one who believes god exists but doesn't believe that god is worthy of worship.
MageGrayWolf is correct, thiestic antitheism is a very large group of religioun, millions of people are grouped into this, many without realization of it. It simply means that you dont worship god, but you still beleive that he exists, as MageGrayWolf put it.

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 5:54pm

macfan1

macfan1

442 posts

If you know that God exists, why do you not worship Him?

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 5:56pm

314d1

314d1

3,962 posts

Several reasons, for example there is religions that believe in a god, but think he is evil. There is also certain sects that believe in a god, but one that is just an uncaring clock man to the universe, who does not care about worship. Why would all gods be as insane in wanting worship as yours?

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 11:51pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

what 313d1 said. i know that even if god would come and tell us christianity is the truth id believe but wouldnt follow because i disagree with his clam for what is good and bad

Reply to anti-theism and the modern world.

You must be logged in to post a reply!