ForumsGamesRoller Coaster Tycoon series

39 7510
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

While discussing rotation schemes in my Sims thread, another one of my favorite PC game series came up, the RCT series. I thought it strange that it did not have a discussion thread of its own, so here it is.

My personal favorite of the three is RCT2. It's easy enough to grasp right away and versatile enough to create endless possibilities; but not too versatile so that it's overwhelming.

Discuss the RCT series here. 10,000 posts.

• 39 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Once you were making thousands of dollars an hour, you could just leave the game on for hours while you did something else and then come back a few hours later with enough cash to do just about anything!

I used to do that all the time. Actually, I did it just last night. When I woke up, I was amazed that I had only made about $15,000 total since I had left the game when my projected ride ticket profits were over $30,000 an hour. Turned out some glitch caused my mechanics to lose the ability to repair the rides despite their patrol areas not restricting them by any means.

I like popping their balloons. it was calming.

When I could actually pop them, yes, it was calming. However, it was also frustrating when the balloons would purposely dodge your cursor when you clicked on them. This happens more often than not for me.
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Chris Sawyer needs to get his rear back in gear. I want to see more from him and less from Frontier. I swear, the poem was unintentional.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I like popping their balloons. it was calming.

Lol, that's always fun, just like making the ducks quack!

Although in RCT3, the ducks seem to pop out of nowhere, which is annoying if you're at the perfect zoom angle to see them up close right as they fly by!

When I woke up, I was amazed that I had only made about $15,000 total since I had left the game when my projected ride ticket profits were over $30,000 an hour.

Are you sure you didn't just sleep for a half hour? xD

No, but in all seriousness, that's why I always monitor my park even if I'm not making any changes... in case something like that happens, I want to be able to jump right on it before it becomes drastic!

Chris Sawyer needs to get his rear back in gear. I want to see more from him and less from Frontier

Lol... first RCT poem ever made? Probably.
TangleTalon
TangleTalon
40 posts
Nomad

I was able to play RT2 on a computer but after awhile i couldnt. Does anyone still sell them?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You can probably download the game somewhere. Don't ask me where or how, because I know next to nothing about downloading anything.

You might also try Amazon, or a used game store that sells PC games. One of those should definitely carry it.

TangleTalon
TangleTalon
40 posts
Nomad

Okay. Thank you

katgirlgamer202
katgirlgamer202
2 posts
Nomad

how do you get to the game i cant find it

katgirlgamer202
katgirlgamer202