Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

One Dilly of a Pickle, ain't it?

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 2:46pm

daleks

daleks

3,182 posts

Isn't it fair to wonder what happened to the other mods, besides Gantic, Freakenstein, Strop and former mod - Cenere then?
I wish they would get Asherlee, Zophia and MRWalker back

Voidy feels left out. He will now burn you.

My guess is that they moved on. I know that MRWalker has a family. They are all older now and have more important things to do then AG. The problem is they are still on the mod list. I think the should be taken off. And that loops to having no admins see that they have been gone forever so they know nothing about it.

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 2:47pm

Q_File

Q_File

105 posts

The problem is they are still on the mod list. I think the should be taken off.

Agreed. Otherwise people will keep reporting things to them and get no results.

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 4:14pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

2,594 posts

They are all older now and have more important things to do then AG.

More important? What can be more important?

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 10:31pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

I wish they would get Asherlee, Zophia and MRWalker back, because I really miss their presence! They were -next to being a mod- also fun people to talk to!

Walker got hit by life....You know, he was in the military, not sure what his job is now. And he has young kids.

I hope that AG3 at least directs people to know that there's the Forum first....could we bring that feature forward now, because AG3 doesn't seem to be coming soon? Won't really take much to let new users know that there are Forums when they sign up right?

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 11:07pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I hope that AG3 at least directs people to know that there's the Forum first....could we bring that feature forward now, because AG3 doesn't seem to be coming soon? Won't really take much to let new users know that there are Forums when they sign up right?

Indeed. I'm tired of people saying "Wow, when I signed up I clicked on 'Community' and it brought me to a forum! Looks like there's a faulty link, amiright?"

Agreed. Otherwise people will keep reporting things to them and get no results.

That has been one of the major problems of AG for a while. It does need to be changed.

As for MrDayCee and daleks, you couldn't be more right. The forums need a more active staff team, which is something I'm really pushing! I'm going to exhaust that fact until we get it.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 12:10pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

As others have mentioned, part of it has to do with OUR participation. Of course, a lot of us are posting frequently, and there aren't a lot of people posting, so things tend to get a little bland. This was directed to those who come on AG and lurk.

Ok I guess I'll stop lurking and start posting then :)

It seems to me that some of the big problems causing the community to regress are that the staff needs to be more active and show their faces more, and as xeano posted,

Most newcomers to the forums post 50 to 100 times, then become inactive

But really, how are we going to get the staff to become more active?

As for somewhat newcomers becoming inactive after posting a little, I think the amount of users leaving is starting to become more than the amount of users joining AG and staying in the forums.

Maybe we, or I, need to start actually posting in the newcomers forums sometimes, I don't know...

Also, I don't know if this relates or not, but IMO it seems as if the thread quality has gone down somewhat. Especially in the generic questions and favorites thread period. But it seems like when I came back about a year ago, the discussions were much more interesting than now.

My thoughts are still kind of in a jumble but....

-my bit to add-

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 8:07pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,374 posts

But really, how are we going to get the staff to become more active?

That issue has been discussed within the thread and should be fixed within the next few weeks.

Maybe we, or I, need to start actually posting in the newcomers forums sometimes, I don't know...

If such posting is done properly, we could keep more new users, which would help somewhat.

Also, I don't know if this relates or not, but IMO it seems as if the thread quality has gone down somewhat. Especially in the generic questions and favorites thread period. But it seems like when I came back about a year ago, the discussions were much more interesting than now.

Do you mean that favorites threads should be allowed again? If so, Devoidless would disagree with you because of this quote:

As as side note, I've very sorry for you and everyone else who believes a myriad of pointless threads is the lifeblood of the entire community.

That was from the sticky that disallowed favorites threads. It was a response to MrDayCee saying that disallowing favorites threads is not a good future for Armor Games.

As for my own opinion on favorites threads, I think they should be allowed if there is the opportunity for a good discussion. In other words, only spammy favorites threads should be disallowed.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 9:01pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

Do you mean that favorites threads should be allowed again?

Sorry about the misinterpretation, but I meant that the favorite threads were low-quality.

That issue has been discussed within the thread and should be fixed within the next few weeks.

Do you mean from what Daleks posted?

I contacted joey and showed him this thread. Joey said that he will mention to Dan about the want/need for a community manager.

If that means I am doing nothing about it then tell me what I can do.

Also I have a backup plan if Dan does not do anything.

I'm sure that is a good idea but from what I've seen of the staff I'm a little skeptical on it actually being completely "fixed" in the next few weeks. I don't really see a fail-safe plan coming into place here.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 10:19pm

daleks

daleks

3,182 posts

I never said that it would be fixed in a few weeks from what I did. What do you think they will do take some guy off the street and make him the manager of the community. That would be dumb. This will take a while. First they will talk about it. Then if they think it is a good idea they will have to find someone. It will take a long time, not just a few weeks.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 10:53pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

What do you think they will do take some guy off the street and make him the manager of the community. That would be dumb. This will take a while. First they will talk about it. Then if they think it is a good idea they will have to find someone. It will take a long time, not just a few weeks.

With the speed of the staff at the moment I'd say to expect at least a 3 month-long wait for even news on the subject.