ForumsThe Tavern

One Dilly of a Pickle, ain't it?

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 11:14pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,969 posts

Knight

Yes, but the problem is that those new users who arrive tend to leave out of the lack of devotion for the community.

I kind of went a little deeper into that in the latter part of my post.

But really, how are we going to get the staff to become more active?

That appears to be the one problem everyone agrees on. If we can find a solution to this problem, we may solve the forum inactivity.

Maybe we, or I, need to start actually posting in the newcomers forums sometimes, I don't know...

If we make the newcomers feel welcome, and give the impression that we want them to remain active, it could possibly bring more activity to the forums.

Maybe we could start some kind of petition or something to present to the Admin?

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 1:06am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Maybe we could start some kind of petition or something to present to the Admin?

Dan knows/will know about the thread. Daleks contacted joeybetz, who in turn contacted Dan on the subject.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 8:48pm

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

It would be nice if we actually see the the creator actually take interest in the site he is working so hard on.

The social interactions are just as important as the technical interactions.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 10:02pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

That appears to be the one problem everyone agrees on. If we can find a solution to this problem, we may solve the forum inactivity.

So far though, this thread is basically a collection of complaining with no real action being done. (Daleks aside)

It doesn't seem like they would pay it any heed.

This is a tragedy, truly. This slump in the forums really doesn't bring hope to me. Even though I'm relatively new, (Joined in September) there has been a huge difference in activity, negatively. In that short time span many people have left an the community has a void where posting belongs. What's worse is that we have to sell our soul for the admins to notice us and even then it's a single sentence reply. It doesn't seem that there is anything we can do either.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 10:28pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

So far though, this thread is basically a collection of complaining with no real action being done.

Personally, this thread has inspired me to be more active in the forums. Relatively, I have no idea if I've actually been posting more, but it certainly feels like it on my end.
It doesn't seem like they would pay it any heed.

Yeah, I think the general response is "It's crunch time at AG with AG3 on the way, so we can't really help you right now." They do tend to sound really nice and forgiving when they say it, but... Not really helpful...

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 10:36pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

So far though, this thread is basically a collection of complaining with no real action being done.

I have some thread ideas in mind, I just have to get around to typing them out.

Posted Jun 27, '12 at 1:47pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

Such as? (Not trying to be sarcastic, genuinely interested)

Posted Jun 27, '12 at 1:53pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Such as?

I'd rather not say to avoid people creating threads about them before I do.

Posted Jun 27, '12 at 7:47pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

It would be nice if we actually see the the creator actually take interest in the site he is working so hard on.

The social interactions are just as important as the technical interactions.

Dan controls the admins, basically. As owner of the site, he has the power to hire and fire admins.

So far though, this thread is basically a collection of complaining with no real action being done. (Daleks aside)

Honestly, all we can really do is wait for Dan to respond. Unless you have any better ideas.

Yeah, I think the general response is "It's crunch time at AG with AG3 on the way, so we can't really help you right now." They do tend to sound really nice and forgiving when they say it, but... Not really helpful...

The use of AG3 as an excuse to ignore the forums really heats my teapot. Or at least that's the nice way of saying it.

I have looked at some of your comments (Argh, I'm a comment stalker!) and have seen a few clues at what you might be directing to as the problem. However, the faster you get those ideas out there the better. If there's more heat in a concentrated area, it will make a better bullet than one that's far spread out. Besides, when (Or if) Dan ever looks at this thread, the logical thing to do would to looking around in the forums to see if there are more complaints on the subject.

Posted Jun 27, '12 at 10:13pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Honestly, all we can really do is wait for Dan to respond. Unless you have any better ideas.

I thought I heard that he wasn't going to hire a community manager unless one of the developers they hired felt inspired to deal with the community additionally, like Cormyn did.
The use of AG3 as an excuse to ignore the forums really heats my teapot. Or at least that's the nice way of saying it.

Well, I guess that would be reassuring enough considering the fact that they must be busy with AG3 then... Still doesn't give us that admin defib we were hoping for, though. Also, I got that response back in November. Who knows what has changed since then. (Maybe the response time... I sent that email and got a response the same day! Good times, good times.)