Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What is your opinion on the overall state of the U.S.

Posted Jun 22, '12 at 12:20am

Zee_

Zee_

16 posts

Sorry if there is something similar to this topic. this question is kind of limited to americans, ah well. I think our country is in a very bad state i think we have a very bad system going here and its practically a two party dictatorship. May be a bit extreme but rediculous things are just being brushed off by americans and im not a big fan of it. This is my opinion and i want to hear yours.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 3:36pm

hawkeyes1234

hawkeyes1234

6 posts

i think our government is corrupted and don't want people to have true "freedom" look at the laws they tried to pass on america SOPA PIPA ACTA NDAA and others.  they are basically like rome.  too much money on the military and our government is losing money themselves and cant keep up with the people and public services.

Someone that gives up freedom for security deserves neither

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 9:31pm

YoMama07

YoMama07

29 posts

I think we are in quite a bit of trouble because we are more than 15 trillion dollars in debt. I mean, we own OURSELVES 15 trillion dollars and counting! Eventually, the economy's top is going to blow and the whole nation will be thrown into chaos. Many people will be armed and robbing any place that stores resources that would become precious in any kind of devastating disaster.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 11:51pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,033 posts

Knight

I think we are in quite a bit of trouble because we are more than 15 trillion dollars in debt. I mean, we own OURSELVES 15 trillion dollars and counting!

I'm sorry but it's not we, it's the rich criminals who are abusing the country who are responsible for this mess, not us.
Maybe it's time to elect real people instead of corrupted weasels.
That's just my opinion.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 12:43am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

Hobbes is my hero! Don't be dissin' him! ;D

Seriously though, as far as the US's economy goes, it's not that bad compared to other countries. The US is still a main economical power, our standard of living is still incredibly high, and we still have money to keep the country intact. I don't see what the big deal is. Compared to the 1930's Dust Bowl and the Great Depression, our country is doing fine. The only reason why some think we're in trouble is because we're warring and we're not used to being in any economical trouble as this is the first generation to face it in a long time.

When I feel in trouble, I say, "Hey, at least I'm not Greek."

Eventually, the economy's top is going to blow and the whole nation will be thrown into chaos. Many people will be armed and robbing any place that stores resources that would become precious in any kind of devastating disaster.

That will never happen. You're obviously not familiar with the US Constitution if you think this will happen. There are safety nets and reassuring things that will prevent this. If we are ever faced with complete oblivion, we will surely have protection from our allying countries.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 9:54am

YoMama07

YoMama07

29 posts

Dear Salvidian,
What you quoted from me wasn't actually my opinion, I was just sharing other peoples' peculier thoughts. And yes, I am familiar with the U.S. Constitution.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 1:28pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,068 posts

I'm sorry but it's not we, it's the rich criminals who are abusing the country who are responsible for this mess, not us.
Maybe it's time to elect real people instead of corrupted weasels.
That's just my opinion.

these "criminals" have a debt of 15.8 trillion indeed.
but you all have a debt of 41.1 trillion dollars.

your not better then them.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 2:13pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,946 posts

The problem lies within the people. Everyone has an opinion, everyone wants to complain about every little thing they find wrong with the Government. We have bad leaders from one party, so people complain and then vote for the other party, and the same thing happens. People complain. It's not the fault of the rich, it's not the fault of the poor. It's everyone's fault. Every monetary crime is all across the board. Middle class, lower class, and upper class all evade taxes the same. Yet we demonize the rich because they have all the money. They worked their *** off to get there. We have people who live off the government because they are too lazy to get a job (not everyone, but there are quite a few people who do it. Certain people actually need some help.)It's people who just complain to complain who make it worse. If you want the Government to change, do something about it. It's not the government, or the rich who have screwed up the economy, it's everyone.
As far as hot button issues, we already have a bad reputation with many, many countries as a land that doesn't care. We have lose laws on things and we don't really do much about it. Maybe next time a government makes a decision, like keeping drugs illegal, or keeping abortions illegal, maybe it's to try and keep what shred of dignity this country has left. You can look at it the other way, too. Allowing abortions or gay marriage may help the country's reputation a little bit, but it's hard to tell.
It's also the media's fault. The media loves to demonize the government and what they do because it makes such a good story, while the news that needs to be reported is largely ignored. The people from the Occupy movement were looked at as heroes and revolutionaries, when they really just destroyed. There is no justice in violence when peaceful action can do the same, if not a better job.
People like to demonize the war, too, because they simply don't understand what's really going on. People read biased reports of selective news that demonizes the war, without looking at the facts. Yes, soldiers screw up, they're human, but that doesn't mean that we should end the war. The mission is to bring peace and stability to the middle East, so that the government can take control, and something like what happened on 9/11, 2001, or worse, can never happen again. There are still threats against America and its people, and personally, I don't want to be bombed. The best way to get rid of the threat is to cut the serpent off at the head.
In short, yes, the government makes mistakes, the government is corrupt, and they take back door deals. If you don't like it, do something about it. Dissolve the parties, sitting here complaining on an insignificant site is doing nothing. There is also the option to move out of the country. :)

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 2:41pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

Dear Salvidian,
What you quoted from me wasn't actually my opinion, I was just sharing other peoples' peculier thoughts. And yes, I am familiar with the U.S. Constitution.

Error 404:
Sarcastic reply not found.
Recommendations:
Explain why this user is wrong. [Selected]

Explanation:
How would I know that? You specifically said what I quoted. If you were saying that other people thought that, then why did you not actually say that in your post?

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 3:40pm

Beschuss

Beschuss

5 posts

I am Canadian not American but I do try and stay on top of American news. I think that the US is on the verge of collapse. Many similarities can be drawn between it and Rome. Although I do not think It will happen if Obama gets reelected or Romney wins as some people do, I think that in 20-25 years the US will not exist as we know it.

Reply to What is your opinion on the overall state of the U.S.

You must be logged in to post a reply!