ForumsWEPR[Necro] What is your opinion on the overall state of the U.S.

19 13342
Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

Sorry if there is something similar to this topic. this question is kind of limited to americans, ah well. I think our country is in a very bad state i think we have a very bad system going here and its practically a two party dictatorship. May be a bit extreme but rediculous things are just being brushed off by americans and im not a big fan of it. This is my opinion and i want to hear yours.

• 19 Replies
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

What is your opinion on the overall state of the U.S.

The state of America... like Romney says, it's becoming like europe. It's sad.

You know very little about America's dependence on China. Look at your computer, your iPod, your phone, hell, even look at your bed frame and it will probably say "Made in China." I'm not sure on the actual percent, I believe around 70% of the household goods that are imported to America are exported from China. Cutting trade off with China would do nothing but worsen the economy, because goods would be limited by the companies that would make them because there wouldn't be enough to go around. What would be available would be extremely costly.

It's terrible that we rely so much on our enemy. We need to manufacture our own goods, but how can we do that if it's so hard to run a business especially in California.

The reason I said "enemy" is-

Remember the Korean war? We were fighting China. The Korean war didn't end, it just has a peace treaty. So really we are still fighting.
xeden
xeden
250 posts
Nomad

The United States is a young country. And its had a better start than most countries Ive read about in books.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

i think our government is corrupted and don't want people to have true "freedom" look at the laws they tried to pass on america SOPA PIPA ACTA NDAA and others. they are basically like rome. too much money on the military and our government is losing money themselves and cant keep up with the people and public services.

true, true except for the military part. all military that i have met love the USA and are not corrupt.

I'm sorry but it's not we, it's the rich criminals who are abusing the country who are responsible for this mess, not us.
Maybe it's time to elect real people instead of corrupted weasels.
That's just my opinion.

when he says we he mean our country, i dont think its the rich "evil" people thats the problem its the corrupt politicians that are the problem
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The United States is a young country. And its had a better start than most countries Ive read about in books

yea always in war, never had alot of time in peace.
it's more like israel then any other.
Showing 16-19 of 19