Commenting Rules & Regulations
Please Read the Commenting Rules before Posting!
The commenting section is a place to give feedback or start conversation about a game on the site, or to have conversations with each other on our profile pages to make new friends. We ask that you put some thought into your posts, and that you follow these commenting rules and guidelines. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from commenting or the entire site.
- This is an English web site, so all game comments must be written in English. Any game comments written in a language other than English may be removed without notice. Non-English messages may be left on user profiles only after you determine that the recipient of your message can communicate in that other language, or your messages will be removed. Writing messages in an alternate language to bypass our profanity filters or break our Terms and Conditions will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
- No "flaming" or "badgering" -- writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views or comments. You can disagree with someone's views and still be polite about it. Name-calling ("noob") is at the moderators' discretion and can be removed without warning.
- No "trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply.
- No "spamming" -- No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify "spam" as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to our game feedback system. Short messages are highly discouraged and can be removed without notice or warning.
- No discussions of software piracy, illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities will be tolerated.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the web site.
- No excessive swearing or crude language. If you're that angry about something, take a break for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean.
- No posting of any text which bypasses our profanity filters by purposely misspelling, using letter/symbol substitutions or any other means to bypass our censoring. You will only get one warning for this, then you will be banned from the site.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and making another account to circumvent a ban makes you unwelcome to be a member on the site. Do not complain about other users being banned, in the forums or on profile pages of other users.
- Do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message, they had a good reason.
- Users who create alternate accounts for multiplayer games are not permitted to post comments for games or on other user profiles. These alternate accounts are also prohibited from posting in the forums. Please use your main account for this activity. ALL of your alternate accounts must be listed by name in the profile biography of your main account, and EACH alternate account must mention your main account in its biography. Your alternate account must also have its messenger area closed from receiving any messages. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address or phone number. If you want to post a photo of yourself, please post it in the photo thread in the Tavern.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
- Do not post messages containing images of typed text, especially in an alternate color. This confuses other members who may think you have some special authority, which is against our Terms and Conditions. It also defeats our search engine, which cannot read your message text.
If you have any questions about these rules, you may contact a moderator. You can find the current list of active moderators on our About page. You can also contact us through the Contact page, or you may contact Ferret directly via Email at Ferret [at] armorgames.com