ForumsThe TavernMononucleosis

8 1187
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I might actually be getting on here some because i got mono. So with that said has anyone had mono who would like to give me some advice or just share their experiences?

• 8 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Mono was the worst... that feeling of being tired all the time and not having the motivation to go anywhere or do anything is a feeling I hope I never experience again!

But that's probably not really helping...

My advice is to get as much rest and relaxation as you can, which won't be hard because you probably don't want to do anything else, and stay hydrated!

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

yeah i tested positive today and have pretty much been playing video games, drinking water, and sleeping. Its pretty miserable.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

u might want to explain it for the people who don't know

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

yeah, i guess not everyone knows what it is...

Well Mononucleosis is also know as the "kissing disease" because it can be spread through kissing. (i don't know how i got it for sure) It can also be spread though sharing forks, straws, chapstick, and stuff that comes in contact with the mouth.

Symptoms include swollen/sore throat, swollen spleen, fatigue, as well as general aches and pains.

I believe my girl friend was carrying it while we dated a few weeks ago and gave it to me. Although she was not showing signs of having it.

For now, video games all day!!!

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

My brother had mono once. I filled a spray bottle with vinegar to chase him off, but it turned out he liked vinegar. In hindsight, I don't see how that would have prevented me from contracting the disease, as I never shared cutlery or straws or anything with him and I certainly didn't kiss him.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I got mono in fourth grade, but it was over Christmas break so it really didn't change anything. I didn't really do anything other than sleep and watch TV, which was basically my lifestyle in a nutshell at that time.

Really, the only difference was I slept more than usual.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I was curious to see what this thread was about and I actually got the hint from when Skeleton_Pilot mentioned the fatigue... the Dutch call it "Pfeiffer's disease", so that's why I was wondering at first. =)

I googled it and found some basic wiki info about it. I've had one friend who had it when we were younger, but he managed to get rid of it in the end.

Seeing as you've gotten most of the helpful advice from others already, there's nothing else than wishing you a quick recovery and a good health! Get well soon! =)

http://www.arenaflowers.com/product_image/large/1277-get_well_soon_balloon.jpg

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Thank you MrDayCee. I appreciate that.

I get really sick and my sister is yelling at me because she doesn't want to get it. what a loving sister right? i get more sympathy from people i have never really met.

Showing 1-8 of 8