ForumsWEPRI don't get what was so bad about Casey Anthony ?

8 3239
ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

She was innocent so what was the bad thing that she did ?

• 8 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ultimately it was one of those cases that got way too much popularity. Right now the Zimmerman trial seems to have grabbed America's attention. The OJ Simpson trial would have to have received the "most unneeded popularity contest ever" reward. As for the actual case, a lot funds were spent on research. They found a lot of strong, logical reasons for Casey Anthony's child's case. It all came down to the fact that they didn't have that strong, convicting evidence that sends people to prison. She was the one that got away.

ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

OJ had a good lawyer.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

She was the one that got away.

She didn't get away. She now has to live with being seen as the psychopath who got away with murdering her own child. At least in prison she would have been surrounded by people with relatively similar backgrounds, but in the real world she is probably being shunned by everyone at this point.

If she really is guilty, legally or not, I think this is the more appropriate punishment.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

At least in prison she would have been surrounded by people with relatively similar backgrounds, but in the real world she is probably being shunned by everyone at this point.

Well, in prison, child-related offenders such as paedophiles and child murderers are treated the worse even by the prisoners, so I guess this seems the best outcome to her.
steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

One of my forensic science profs was actually on this case. He said that there was overwhelming forensic entomological evidence against her.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Well, in prison, child-related offenders such as paedophiles and child murderers are treated the worse even by the prisoners, so I guess this seems the best outcome to her.

Female prisoners aren't male prisoners. She would have been surrounded by dozens of other women who killed or maimed their children.

She'll get offed eventually. Just wait.
awesomedude32
awesomedude32
2 posts
Nomad

There was a lot of evidence against her, but they tried to charge her for death penalty, and there wasn't enough evidence for the jury to sentence her to death.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

This was a case of the prosecution being stupid, charging her with crimes that were more severe than she (maybe) committed, in an effort to get her to plead guilty to her actual charges.

As far as I'm concerned, I feel that this has just shown how American justice has degraded. The number of people I saw wanting vigilante justice was sickening. The presumption of innocence still stands, and as far as I and the rest of America-at least those who support the justice system-she is not guilty.

Showing 1-8 of 8