ForumsThe TavernYOLO

35 7548
ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

What are your thoughts on #YOLO and what strarted it ?
Do you think its anyoing?
Debate

• 35 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

It took me forever to know that YOLO stood for that. I always thought it was weird people doing the sound of monks in Age of Empires. But now that I know what it really stands for I don't like it.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

And now for something I just thought of:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7d/Jack_Harkness.jpg/220px-Jack_Harkness.jpg

Take that YOLO. Take that.

For those of you that don't get it the character comes back to life when killed.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh boy.
It's pretty dang annoying the way las chicas use it. Like they post it before party's n stuff. What, your going to risk your life dancing with a guy? No one cares! The only time I could see it used right would be like,
Reporter: "sir, way did you volentier to be the first man on mars?"
Astronaut: *shrug* yolo
And even that's pretty annoying. Honestly I don't get it. I know you live only once, did you just figure it out?
And my friend's religion believes in reincarnation so we always laugh when people say yolo.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

And my friend's religion believes in reincarnation so we always laugh when people say yolo.

He's hindu? That seems unusual. I assume you're not from my neck of the woods.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

He's hindu? That seems unusual. I assume you're not from my neck of the woods.
Yes, hindus are the only religious group on the planet that believes in reincarnation.

Yolo is false anyway.
No, it isn't. Someone pronounced dead but is currently alive is not only not dead, but never was dead. If someone is "revived" they were not dead. Death, by definition, precludes the possibility of revival.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

No, it isn't. Someone pronounced dead but is currently alive is not only not dead, but never was dead. If someone is "revived" they were not dead. Death, by definition, precludes the possibility of revival.

Thank you for reminding me of this.
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

One of my friends posted this on facebook today (as a joke)

"I YOLO responsibly, you only live once so it's important to buy a house and pay your bills to ensure a comfortable retirement."

As for people using it correctly, I find it doesn't make sense. They say "YOLO" and I think to myself, "So you're trying to make your life shorter and worse?"

Hopefully it'll dissapear soon. To soon be in a long list of acronyms and saying no one uses anymore.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yes, hindus are the only religious group on the planet that believes in reincarnation.

It's undoubtedly the most popular religion on the planet that believes in reincarnation. Besides, I'm not aware of any other popular religion that believes in reincarnation. I'm American. Everyone here is, for the most part, atheist, Christian, Jewish, or Islamic. I'm not exposed to anything different.

Thanks for your sarcasm. Have a nice day.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I'm American too. My friend was born here, his dad was an immigrant. Calm down.

ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

Some people have done some real stupid stuff and then they post yolo after on facebook

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

For me, YOLO is just a phase, like the EPIC FAIL one we had a couple of years ago. All things die down eventually in time.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

For me, YOLO is just a phase, like the EPIC FAIL one we had a couple of years ago.

There's no doubt in anyone's mind that YOLO will be a thing of the past in a matter of months... only time will tell! We just have to sit through it and let it run its course, because there's nothing we can do to stop it at this time!
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

yolo is obvious, stupid, and overused= yolo is ANNOYING!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's worse than I thought. Now the fast food industry has caught on.

http://www.restaurantcouponsfinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pzolo.jpg

(P'Zones Only Live Once)

Showing 16-30 of 35