100 posts
Shepherd

Please debate here.

• 213 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What an unfounded claim with no source to back it up.
The latest figures from the BLS show only an addition of 160,000 plus jobs, which is far less than needed to cover the unemployed.

Quite a curiosity to see people think that most rational human beings would be willing to survive via meager dole outs and living on the streets.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

source written the beginning of this month.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I don't suppose you ever considered the "hires" and "separations" column in your "calculations"? You have to minus that before getting the final figure. The total separations far exceeds the amount of openings.

Also have you considered geographical and structural mobility? No. A farmer
From Oregon can hardly apply to work as an IT expert in Silicon Valley due to geographical and expertise problems.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

America doesn't create enough jobs for it's people, that's one of the bottom-lines.

Which brings us home to the OP, mr Obama. You know what I'm thinking, why type it. After all like Obama said,
" It's all about a three letter word, jobs"
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Given the huge amount of filibustering that the GoP has used almost every time Obama wants to introduce a bill or stimulus package, leading to vast watering downs and concessions are we really so insipid to blain only Obama?

Levine
Levine
44 posts
Nomad

They are both bad and they should feel bad

BlackThroneBlade
BlackThroneBlade
3 posts
Nomad

School just started for me and my teacher likes to hold weekly politics discussions/debate. I just sit there and get lost in their talks. How can I learn more about politics quickly?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

They are both bad and they should feel bad

True.
I know I have used this before and I will do it again.
It's like Obama and Romney are trains. They both are headed towards a cliff, but Obamas is going faster.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Romney is down the cliff already. Birther gaffe.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

romney all the way because obama is for abortion and as a catholic that's against my faith..................... also stem cell research is imortant , you could a grow body organs from one cell.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

He is for abortion but he isn't forcing you to have an abortion. Silly. Also, if you won't even read up about stem cell research, don't even bother posting erroneous stuff.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The mandate applies to all new health insurance plans effective August 2012. It controversially includes Christian hospitals, Christian charities, Catholic universities, and other enterprises owned or controlled by religious organizations that oppose contraception on doctrinal grounds. Regulations[23] made under the act rely on the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine, which concluded that birth control is medically necessary "to ensure women's health and well-being."
No, he is not forcing us to get abortions, he is forcing us to pay for them even when against our religion.

source
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

No, he is not forcing us to get abortions, he is forcing us to pay for them even when against our religion.

The Obama administration has already amended its contraception regulation to provide accommodations for employers and insurers who object to covering birth control for religious reasons. A third-party insurer may pay for the birth control, ensuring no additional cost to either the employee seeking coverage nor the religious institution.

Furthermore, in a Gallup Poll in May this year, a full 82% of Catholics said it was morally acceptable to have birth control in place. So now, is the Church going to stick to it's dogmatic adherence and condemn the majority of it's flock, or is it going to adapt with the views of the majority and respect te country's democratic beliefs?
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

It is not forcing "us" it is forcing the employers to add birth control to the things included in health benefits. Nothing wrong with allowing people a free, safe option.

also stem cell research is imortant , you could a grow body organs from one cell.

But Obama supports stem cell research.

Link

School just started for me and my teacher likes to hold weekly politics discussions/debate. I just sit there and get lost in their talks. How can I learn more about politics quickly?

You could try using this thread, but there's too much derailment. Try and Google it or look at the National news.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Use a multifarious range of sources. HP, The Economist, Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera, WP, NYT. Don't stick to one.

Showing 106-120 of 213