ForumsGame WalkthroughsWhy am I so bad at Colony?

20 10817
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I've heard that people like this game so I thought I shall try it out. And I beated the first champaign level, but the second one was very hard.

So do you have any tips on how NOT to make it hard? Please help.

• 20 Replies
DesertFang
DesertFang
6 posts
Shepherd

ask pros for advise and ask them to teach u different strats and use hotkeys

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Umm this is now a very old thread. I think we should lock this as necro. Im alot better at colony now. Lock this necro.

-Jeff

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Colony is a difficult game cause it requires a strategy and a back up plan BEFORE you go into battle. If you don't plan what you are going to do then you will loose easily. The best thing to do in Colony (for me) is deploy some soldiers and save up money, resources, energy, and such.

If you are in Multiplayer mode, you and your ally need to discuss what you are doing in around 1 to 2 minutes. Like "I'll take sky you take ground" or "Im saving up on money, back me up". So one of you needs to be saving money and deploying some soldiers while the other one protects your fort/ headquarters/ thing. When the enemy has nothing left to protect himself go after him with all you got, and have some units left over to protect the headquarters thing just in case of a counter attack.

Hope this works!

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Colony is a difficult game cause it requires a strategy and a back up plan BEFORE you go into battle.

The only plan you need is first knowing your government and then knowing your main units deployment structure. All else can be adapted depending on what your opponent does.

"Im saving up on money, back me up"

Das ist noobly.

When the enemy has nothing left to protect himself go after him with all you got,

By pinning imo.

and have some units left over to protect the headquarters thing just in case of a counter attack.

Usually no need if you've set up your pin correctly however there can be special cases (e.g. for missiles you might want to make a second group of units for certain circumstances if that type of unit is not missile resistant and you see your opponent had an ops)

Dont you worry it took me and my friends a month of school to figure that game out then we were total pros.
Dont you worry it took me and my friends a month of school to figure that game out then we were total pros. then we gave up and got lives for a year or two we found out a few things...
1. sunlight is good
2. having a social life is good
3. having 10 random facebook friends is NOT social
4. what it is like to have lives
This is a random comment brought to you brought to you by colony inc.[/quote]

Did you go back to playing CoD?
Dragonlizard7
Dragonlizard7
23 posts
Nomad

Sounds like your just putting yourself down, and trying to make yourself fail. Don't do that. If your having a hard time beating it, try different strategies, throw everything you got at your enemy, but try to remain calm, try listening to some music while your playing too. If you still are having a hard time, there may be a walk through online.

Showing 16-20 of 20