ForumsWEPRchanging the name of the BigBen?

18 9140
FrozenPhoenix96
FrozenPhoenix96
3 posts
Nomad

hi, i'm FrozenPhoenix96
and my question is:
do they really change the name of the BigBen?
i heard some of it, but maybe it's a hoax,
so if somebody knows it, then please tell me

• 18 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What? I had heard nothing of this.

Anyway, Elizabeth Tower. Technically one should assume that it would be Elizabeth the first they are talking about because there are not numbers after the name. Silly British.

The name change is annoying but people will get used to it. I don't know if it will catch on though. Maybe now I will got get it confused with the QB of the Steelers.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

The authorities at Westminster have decided to change the name of the Clock Tower at the House of Commons which houses the bell Big Ben in honour of Queen Elizabeth 2's 60 years on the throne after a campain by Conservative MPs backed by the 3 main parties. We, the people, were not consulted. I think that this is a great example of the sycophancy of Tory backbenchers.
BTW the board at the soccer club, Newcastle United, changed the name of their stadium, St James Park, after many years, because of a sponsor's money. I forget the name of the sponsor. Again the board did not consult the people. Many fans refused to achnowledge the change. This year's sponsor has gone back to St James Park.
There is better info on the Big Ben name change on the BBC website.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

when i first read this i thought you were talking about ben rothlisberger
lol my bad

but thei changing it

Showing 16-18 of 18