ForumsThe TavernBuying a car

4 1164
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I had a really nice car, 1997 Blazer with a 4 inch suspension lift, with 31" off road tires, dark green with smoked head/tail lights, front brush guard, bed liner sprayed around the bottom foot of the body and bumpers, leather interior, 2 12" subs, the thing was amazing.

But, the motor blew and I don't have the money to fix it.

I'm sitting on about 3 grand now and have to start looking for something new, but not really sure what to look for.

Obviously I don't have a ton of money to go buy a Lamborghini (sad face) but I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for cars that are decent looking.

In the late 90's/early 2000's preferably (again, price range)

• 4 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

3 grand and you can't fix that? Or even wait for the money to fix it, instead of buying a new car?

iceman19_2000
iceman19_2000
2 posts
Nomad

^ this. if the car was such a great worth to you i'd reccomend considering waiting to fix it. 3k won't get you very far for a used car, and if you find something that cheap, chances are it will be very old and very unreliable in its current state. in either situation i'd recommend saving up a little bit more and see what becomes available first. that being said, i'd check out crailgslist. that site's got everything, and if you're looking for something that cheap, it'll be there.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

I'm very confused. If you have 3 grand you could just buy another motor instead getting the old one fixed.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm sitting on about 3 grand now and have to start looking for something new, but not really sure what to look for.

Why don't you buy a new engine? $3,000 bucks should be enough to cover a new engine, and possibly the cost to have it installed (unless you do it yourself.)
Showing 1-4 of 4