ForumsForum GamesThe World At War: Delta Squad RPG

36 9515
ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

This is set 12, January 1939.
You have been enlisted in to the army, and placed in a special Squad. This is before World War II. But it is rapidly approaching. Delta Squad is on a Parachute drop into Czechoslovakia for an Operation, this Operation is at Secrecy Level Black. (Black Operation, Government only knows about it and no one else, except for the Czechoslovakia's prime minister.) "The Mission is to gather information about Hitler's plans, using what ever force possible. DO NOT get caught as a British soldier, kill everyone who sees you as a British Subject, I don't care, We cannot afford another world-wide war."

RULES:

No Power Gaming ( Being overpowered )
NO Meta gaming ( Google is your friend, if not here's a link

--Sheet--
Name:
Current Rank: Private
Main Gun: (Select from below)
Secondary Gun: (Select from below)
Inventory: (This is blank for now.)
Description:
History:

--Guns--
-Main-
Machine Guns
Browning M1917A1 (.30-'06)
Browning M2HB (.50 BMG)
Bren (.303 British)

-Secondary-
Submachine Guns

M3/A1 'Grease Gun' (.45 ACP / 9 mm Parabellum)
Thompson submachine gun (.45 ACP)
M50/55 Reising (.45 ACP)
M42 (UD42) (9mm Parabellum)
M2 'Hyde' (.45 ACP)
Sten (9mm Parabellum)

First Person to join is the Leader and a Corporal.

Cant think of a name? Try here!

This is a test. (May change in the course of the game.)

• 36 Replies
ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Does any one like this? Anyone?

The test is only to see if this is better as a rp than a rpg, so if this does go well I could see I would need to change it into an rp.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

It would be better if you added a more widened variety of weapons because many infantryman carried shotguns instead of machineguns or sniper rifles

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Shotguns

Ithaca 37
Trench gun M1897 (Used in the Western front)
M12 Shotgun
Browning Auto-5
Coach gun
Remington 31

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Anti-Tank Weapons

Rocket Launcher, M1/A1 "Bazooka"
M18 recoilless rifle

Flamethrowers

M2 flamethrower
M1A1 Flamethrower

Grenades

Mk.2 Fragmentation Hand Grenade

Grenade launcher

M7 grenade launcher

Mortars

M1 Mortar
M2 4.2 inch mortar
M2 Mortar

Knife

Ka-Bar
M1 bayonet
M1905 bayonet
M1942 bayonet
Mark I trench knife
V-42 Stiletto
United States Marine Raider Stiletto

Sniper Rifles

M1 Garand (scoped)
M1903 Springfield (scoped)
M1917 Enfield (scoped)

Handguns

Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless
Colt M1911A1
Colt M1917 revolver
Colt Official Police {Colt M1927 Aka "Colt Commando"}
FP-45 Liberator
Smith & Wesson M&P
Welrod

Either just ask about a gun or select it and I'll tell you about it.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Lance Valentino
Main Gun:
Secondary Gun: Colt M1911A1
Description: 6'3", 167pds, brown eyes, short, copper hair.
History: Trained for German CO Militia, but was drafted into service for the British.

Can I have a side-by-side shotgun? (two barrels)

(I'd kinda like to be German opposition, but that's wishful thinking)

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

And I am using this on a different machine for replying than normal, I wait for all of the players to make a post, a second post if a person's post conflicts with another post (Only write another if I or a player says it conflicts.)
I update them in one big post, every time I update it is a new round. So after a set of player actions is complete it's called a round, and every 3 rounds is a day.

World War 2 started around the first of September so you have 7 rp months and 21 rp days, OR 699 Posts, when that happens I will trigger an event such as some of you get caught or Hitler marches upon British soil.

I can be asked to slow time if you need but every time that happens I take off two. day off that slow round, all players need to agree upon a slow round.

Slow rounds give you a chance to have less tactical play style and gives a more action based round, My posts will not be in one big slab and will be limited to 4 actions each and I will update as if it was a normal RPG, the round ends when I do my slab update and I say the slow round has ended and the day is now over. Slow rounds incorporates night time.

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

(Joining posts are instant)

Current Rank: Corporal
Main Gun: Double Barrel Shotgun.
History: Trained for German CO Militia, but was drafted into service for the British.

(The Double Barrel was fine. Haha! Maybe in The World At War II)

"Corporal, I hope your team is ready." A voice speaks to you through the plane's radio.

"Guys! I'm opening the hatch!" and the slanted wall next to you lowers.

"Have fun, Delta Team!" The radio goes silent after that, you open your straps and then grab a parachute and you jump, your mid air, You see a field, a town and a river, where do you wish to land?

(Those special arrangements for rounds dont apply until were settled. This is basically a limitless slow round which has no cost.)

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Name: Brian Seldwin
Main Gun: Bren
Secondary Gun: Thompson SMG
Inventory:
Description:5'11" 134 lbs Brown Eyes Dirty Blonde hair
History: Was homeless for three years before he joined the army to find a job, food, and shelter.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

I try to maneuver to the field, trying NOT to attract attention to myself.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Inventory:
History: Was homeless for three years before he joined the army to find a job, food, and shelter.

I get ready, check my parachute, and jump.

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

JANUARY 15 1939, DROP DAY, CZECHOSLOVAKIA, CZECH SIDE. (SETTLING ROUND)

NOTE THIS IS STILL SETTLING ROUND!

Inventory: AMMO, Red Flare(2), Swiss army knife, Blue Flare(1),
No. 76 Special Incendiary Grenade(3), 43M Smoke Grenade.

You jump down, following your corporal, you open your parachutes and you look back up at your drop plane, it looks like a Civilian Czechoslovakian plane for cover. You lower to the ground and get rid of the parachute

Inventory: AMMO, Red Flare(2), Swiss army knife, Blue Flare(1), No. 76 Special Incendiary Grenade(3), 43M Smoke Grenade.Description: 6'3", 167pds, brown eyes, short, copper hair.

You sucessfull maneuver to the field. You lower to the ground and get rid of the parachute, theres one behind you, you notice a police dog and police man walking past you see the dog turn to your direction and starts growling, the police man doesnt notice anything yet but your army uniform has a british flag and you cant speak Bohemian, You notice that there is a stone bridge near you but under it the land is scarce and steep, you have a stream running under the small bridge.

What do you do?

----------------------------

Brian have your character act on what he decides as a character.

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

GUYS!

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Please respond

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Inventory: AMMO, Red Flare(2), Swiss army knife, Blue Flare(1), No. 76 Special Incendiary Grenade(3), 43M Smoke Grenade.

(sorry, not available most of the time)

I put my colt under my uniform to suppress it as much as possible, and shoot both the policeman and the dog.

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Inventory: AMMO, Red Flare(2), Swiss army knife, Blue Flare(1), No. 76 Special Incendiary Grenade(3), 43M Smoke Grenade.

You hear a small yelp but it doesn't give you away, but then you see an Czechoslovakian Police car whizzing towards, with sirens on, where the dog a policeman is, in the road, it doesnt seem to notice you untill it hits the two dead people and they fly of their front window so they try and stop but they turn sideways and turns over crushing the sirens, you see the driver gets out bringing a ZB vz. 26 with a supressor and starts shooting at you.

Theres still that bridge and theres woodland to the right of you, or do you shoot back, remember you only have a loud Double Barrel Shotgun and a Colt M1911A1.

What do you do?

Showing 1-15 of 36