ForumsThe TavernSo i was surfin the web when.......

5 1909
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

Yeah. I was browsing the internet on my windows computer, when i decided to click on a link and my computer was flooded with spyware and viruses... i have NO idea how to get rid of them since im am currently on the administrator account. (my mom's). our protection ran out a while ago, so i cant get rid of them without spending money. stupid windows. i WANTED to get an Apple, but noooooo....
anyone else have a similar problem?

• 5 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

This might help.

I've never had a problem with any of this, so yeah. Macs can get viruses too, just not viruses made for windows >.>

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

There's a way to reboot the system from a previous date, like a from few weeks earlier. The viruses will be gone, but you'll lose everything else from that point to now, so you might want to save some recent stuff on a flash drive if possible.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Here's a how-to if you want that approach.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Just having an apple computer isn't going to protect you from viruses. Sure there are less of them for apples, but they're definitely still out there.

Anyways, what you need to do is download Avast! antivirus and Malware bytes. These programs are free-ware and they're good. Download and install, then reset your computer by holding down the power button. When windows asks you what to boot in, select boot in safe mode, and then run the programs. That should do the trick. If not, then I would suggest getting an external hard drive, and wiping the computer

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

If you're using firefox, an add-on like noscript could help protect you from these sites in the first place.

There are several free antiviruses out there - eg. MSE, Malwarebytes and free versions of antiviruses that still do their job - eg. Avast, AVG

Showing 1-5 of 5