ForumsThe TavernSchnitzelise everything!

4 1223
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

i love Schnitzels. the 'main' recipe is a Chicken breast cut to Thin slice {like the Thickness of a finger} adn the size of the chicken breast [so it can be 10cm and 5cm, but yet in the Thickness of a finger]. you put the slice in a bowl of Bread crumbs, then you put the slice in a A shallow bowl full with scarmeled egg, and then again bowl full with Bread crumbs. fry on a pan for 1 minute {plus minus} each side, and you get a Schnitzel.

and now that we know how it is made, i will talk about what i wanted in the first place.

its a known respice to Schnitzelise a fish {in the dish of fish ad' chips}. what else you think can be Schnitzelise and be delicious?
i know that shrimpes make a good Schnitzel material, also mushroom. what do you think?

• 4 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i came to the fact that i dont like schnizel. just the crust that covers it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Pretty much any meat can be used for schnitzel, veal for example is most common I think. You can even cut it open and put a bit of cheese and ham in it before you make the crust.

I never had mushrooms or shrimps with such a crust... I don't think I want to try. Shrimps are simply too good with a cocktail sauce and melon, to waste them in schnitzel crust.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

you can schnitzelise even different types of veggie. but i wonder if i could schnitzelise cheese...

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

you can! in Israel there is a 'already made' cheeze schnitzel. its a little Rubbery, but yet taste good.

and about the shrimps - its called fried shrimps. i LOVE it!

my brother is in barcelona now, and he schnitzelise a octopuse tentacle ther. he said it was very good.
and in barcelona, they schnitzelise potaots smash too!
you take smash potatos, make a balls of them, and do the schnitzel combo.

can a schnitzel be sweet? think of a recipe for a sweet one.

Showing 1-4 of 4