ForumsProgramming Forumfree spirte (packs) ??

5 4682
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

hey all,

I was refered here since it seems i was in the wrong section. So I will try here again.

we just started on our 1st project to make a game. and we would to have some more spirtes for it then the default once that come whit the programe we use to make this game.

we have been seeking on the internet for some time now but we do not seem to be able to find a place where we can download free spirtes for us to use.

we did find sites that show us the sprites but then there isn't a download button or it turns out we have to pay money to download these sprites.

so if any1 could tell us some good sources we would be very gracefull.

-greets party

• 5 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Make your own. I made a little game about a year ago, and I remember spending hours making little sprites for our characters. It does take a little finesse, but it's worth it knowing you did everything yourself. Download GIMP and play around with it; it's the free version of Photoshop, basically.

By the way, if you are going to produce this game and actually try to submit it, you might run into copyright issues because, after all, you won't have made the sprites, but someone else will have.

jasonjie88
jasonjie88
28 posts
Nomad

It will not do you any good to use other people's sprite packs. Seriously, your art may be as good, but at least it's your art, and you can make the art fit YOUR standards... and you will be able to draw imaginary creatures, like a schaboopeedoo monster. But it can't be that hard to look for free sprite packs. Honestly, but if you really need help, I guess you'll have to [url=http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=open+game+art].

P.S. In your thread, it's not 'gracefull', it's 'grateful'.
P.P.S. Don't forget to say Thank You!

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

it's no the point that we don't want to make our own, we just don't feel like taking the step to make them yet since we are also learning all the other aspects of creating a game. it's not ment to be submitted. just for testing.
it's just that what comes whit the programe is so little and looks so stupid.

i'll check out the link, thx for posting.

P.S. i could better you, on how you have to post a link.... but i wont.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

it's just that what comes whit the programe is so little and looks so stupid.

Are you using Gamemaker? We used that Freshman year and it was awful. I guess it's Ok for fun, but it really doesn't teach you much.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

atm we are using "engine001"
but still seeking for what we can use best.
sofar engine001 because it requires no or almost no coding.
and it can be used to make point and click games. something we want to make as a 2nd project when were done whit this 1 or when this 1 fails.

Showing 1-5 of 5