ForumsArt, Music, and Writing{Necro}XVERB Dabbles in Photography

15 5657
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

The Topic is true. I am by no means a photographer. I have no nice camera. And I do not go out of my way to take pictures of nature or anything. But sometimes Iâm just in that picture taking mood. It comes up on occasion and Iâll take some artsy shots of my yard or something. You guys can enjoy them and feel free to give me tips and or criticism.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/20h7ono.jpg

This is a picture I took at about 7:00 A.M. a few days ago. I had just woken up and was home alone, bored, and sick with mono. I noticed the tide was pretty high so the small creek in my back yard was actually full. Another reason I found this so interesting was the way the wind was blowing and making the water ripple, I have always found that beautiful. So I grabbed my camera and snapped a few photos. This is the best one I took.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/24erred.jpg

Again, sick with mono I could run. This killed me due to my love of running. I was going through withdraws and that inspired me to start taking pictures of my track spikes. I find them beautiful⦠but I enjoy running like only runners do.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/aewuoj.jpg

This picture actually really angers me. There was an awesome sunset and the clouds were just right. So it put me into that âpicture taking moodâ and I went down to the water to start a photo shoot. I just hate how the people down the water from me have put up those ugly boat lifts and docks. They really take away from the shot.

BTW I kinda cheated with the last picture because I used the sunset mode which would make a picture of a lamp a beautiful sunset⦠but oh well itâs still a good picture.

• 15 Replies
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

wow these are some amazing photos!!! I hope to possibly see more?? The first picture is very nice but I find the red flag in the middle a bit distracting. Your lighting is perfect and I agree that the rippling is beautiful. So other than the flag, brilliant picture.
The second wasn't as good as the first one but I like the fact that you took it in black and white.
I would have to disagree with you about the boat lifts/docks in the third photo. I understand that you were trying to get a nice sunset pic but I believe that the docks add a story to the picture and I actually liked them

Keep up the good work!!! I can't wait to see more!!!!

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I hope to possibly see more??

Possibly! at some point. I don't take photos often but next time i do ill make sure to add them!

The first picture is very nice but I find the red flag in the middle a bit distracting

yeah it is a little distracting but i think i have been looking at it for so long out my window i don't even see it anymore. ahah. Its actually not a flag its like a channel marker i think.

Thank you for commenting
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I hope to possibly see more??

Possibly! at some point. I don't take photos often but next time i do ill make sure to add them!

The first picture is very nice but I find the red flag in the middle a bit distracting

yeah it is a little distracting but i think i have been looking at it for so long out my window i don't even see it anymore. ahah. Its actually not a flag its like a channel marker i think.

Thank you for commenting
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, the scenery around your area is amazing, people should take advantage of that whenever they can.

The only constructive critisism I have is, on the third picture, the effect on the cloud just seems a bit . . . unnatural. Just covers too much cloud.
Otherwise, the photographs are great.

The isnpiration only mono can fuel.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Another Photo?!?

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2mgkz6o.jpg

This is a picture I took at Great Falls Park in Fairfax, Virginia. The park is only a 30 minute drive from my grandparentâs house so we visit the park every once and a while as a family. Luckily I brought my camera last time I went there.

Hopefully tomorrow ill go out on my kayak and take some photos on the water. It depends on the weather.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

I wish we had scenery like that around where I live. It's so pretty I swear it looks like you're taking your pics with a professional camera. Hopefully the weather is good so you can take some more Can't wait to see more

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I wish we had scenery like that around where I live. It's so pretty I swear it looks like you're taking your pics with a professional camera. Hopefully the weather is good so you can take some more Can't wait to see more

its about a 3 hour drive. but still its worth it.

and the tide was a little low today so i couldn't get out on the kayak. but maybe tomorrow.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Funny, I live in Virginia.

We get scenery like this all of the time. Except there aren't as many rocks. Or water.
Just trees.

Yet it is amazing. The slightly single toned colors contrasts well with the flowing water.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I really wish i could give you guys a sound to this image. the most amazing part of the Great Falls is just how loud it is. The power behind that water is mind-blowing.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I just hate how the people down the water from me have put up those ugly boat lifts and docks. They really take away from the shot.

On the contrary, I think it actually gives the shot a more realistic feel to it... it shows that it isn't just another nature shot miles away from civilization, and makes it far more interesting!
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

On the contrary, I think it actually gives the shot a more realistic feel to it... it shows that it isn't just another nature shot miles away from civilization, and makes it far more interesting!

true i see what your saying. I kinda liked the nature feel that it had tho. and i remember when the boat lifts weren't there and it was much more beautiful.
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

*waits for more photos* C'mon XVERB you know you need to keep posting more pics so I can tell you how cool they are :P

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

*sigh.. i have been busy. Hopefully.... Sunday?

o0rainbowdash0o
o0rainbowdash0o
3 posts
Nomad

wow these photos are absolutely gorgeous! (:

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

http://oi45.tinypic.com/35lxmh3.jpg

This is a picture I took today while it was raining. The sun was setting and it looked pretty cool. For some reason most of my shots turned out to be really blurry. The rain was hard to deal with so this is the only good one it got. It's ok I guess, hopefully more to come.

Showing 1-15 of 15