ForumsGamesThe MMO games

8 1514
Vaidotas4444
Vaidotas4444
5 posts
Shepherd

When I first saw that swords and potion game with a MMO tag and without rating, that was pretty weird to me (you know it's first time I saw this MMO thingy in AG). Later, another 2 MMO games came! (that is sorcery quest and fantasy online).

Tell me(or us) what you think about them.

• 8 Replies
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

Kill things quests, fetch quests. Galore in the Fantasy one. Practically the only thing you do. (can 'craft' weapons too, but..Meh.)

And the swiss army knife costs about 120%-440% more in this game than in real life.
(I found some really expensive army knives with usb drives in them LOL, and army knife type one for $6)
$30 dollars(ish) for the gems to buy the army knife. Wat. Some of the gem stuff is cheap and very useful. Other stuff is the same price for something far less useful. The gem system is unbalanced. But, has it's good points.
Free survey offers for gems might be useful for newbies to get a good weapon; and a teleport spell to go back to town to sell unneeded loot.

(numbers above may off some, but not by much)

From what I can tell, Swords and Potions has a time-based -Buy coins with real money- system. That is worse than Fantasy's since you buy time to even play the game. Fantasy has that too, but the rest system is better balanced to me. (I'm not going to play long enough to need to do it anyway)

Ok, so for Fantasy. Here is a little gem help guide:
Go to gem store, then free offers. The Swagbucks one is 15 gems, and it works if you use a newly made email to validate the email. (or your old one w/e) You get 5 gems in game from one of the Noob quests. Save those gems and the swagbucks gems. And go to one of the "gem sellers" in the Noob place. Intellect seller etc. You can buy a good high damage weapon that will last you for... 20-30 some levels? And longer, lol. Get the teleport to Crab Point at Crap Point, so that you can teleport to there and sell you inventory when full, and use the teleports thereto go to other places later.

or not, the surveys don't seem to be working for me at this time huh

Both aren't very interesting to me. The Fantasy one has been out for a long time, I think potions has too.

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

They have another mmo you haven't mentioned called terramonsters or something

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

Actually, I played Terra Monsters for 15-20 min... it's Pokemon with online fights, not bad if you like Pokemon's concept.

Fantasy online was too laggy for me, I killed the crabs and flash program crashes ._.

Sorcery quest is a really good game even if it's old. It was so much disgusting with the turns system before -.- Now it's really cool. But the online aspect is not very important/present except at really high levels. Well, there's still paying contents so...

Swords and Potions that I have much criticized is not that bad finally, I even became kinda addict :d
Actually even if there are paying contents, you can get all this contents by beeing patient. The business management is well done and will please people who enjoyed Corporation Inc. Furthermore, there are a lot of interactions between players for a game of this kind. If you can play it with some friends in your guild, it would be really nice :]

Jouster5002
Jouster5002
2 posts
Shepherd

Fantasy online reminds me a lot of runescape which i used to play a lot.

Swords and potions is alright but it constantly demands progress... making it hard game to sit down and enjoy. I haven't tried the other MMO games yet.

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

I kinda like terra monsters, unlike Pokemon they have low level attacks that deal damage and lower defense. But it's really lagging for me I had a "wild battle" and well, the opponent didn't even load. :/ lol

You can paint your creatures too, not sure if good idea.. lol

It tells you to go back every day to "take care" of you monsters. I hope they don't die if you leave them alone for weeks.. ha!

BlueOmega
BlueOmega
8 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone, I'm one of the developers from TerraMonsters. If anyone has any problems let me know and I'll try and help you out..

Monsters don't die if you don't care for them!

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

Um, is it a glitch that an attack that is used to increase your own defense can miss when the effect from dirt attack (like sand attack in pokemon) is applied?

BlueOmega
BlueOmega
8 posts
Nomad

No I that can happen

Showing 1-8 of 8