ForumsThe Tavern[necro]What is your favourite word? Why? ~COMPETITION~

18 7728
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

What is your favourite word? Why? This is a competition, visit my page for details. If you are in the clan more points will be awarded.

• 18 Replies
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

My favorite word has mostly been *sword*. Everybody knows what this is. It describes a weapon used in most of my favorite movies and games. I like making comic books about the 12th century. In those times soldiers use swords. Swords are very easy to draw and a sword gives me a feel of action. Umm... I don't have anymore reasons for that word. Hope this is how you meant it.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Toast.

Why?

Toast can be used for eating and survival. If you had toast and plastic on a deserted island, the toast would save your life to wash down the plastic just eaten. Toast is NEEDED FOR SURVIVAL. How about that?

Plus, toast can be used as a verbal threat. "Jim, you're fired", "Oh yeah, well you're TOAST!", "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000oooooooooooooo"

Take that.

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

@Jeff1999= Good choice. 3 Points
@acmed= Good description, and I like how you used an example of how you could say the word in a sentence. 5 Points

Nintendodo
Nintendodo
52 posts
Nomad

Seeing as I'm a pretentious jerk who uses words that 90% of the population of the world wouldn't even be able to half comprehend, my favorite word is: COPROPHAGIA!!!!!!

What does that mean, you ask? It is the scientific(?) way of saying eating crap. Dirty, I know, but it's a great word to know if you write lyrics for a metal/punk band. Talking about politics? Call politicians coprophagists! Just trying to be edge yet intelligent? Coprophagia is the perfect word for you!

Other awesome(and similar) words are coprophillia (The attraction to feces), necrophagia (The consumption of corpses), and anus... Don't judge me.

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I like the word: "a". We could barely speak English without it, like, "There once (a) chicken that died of (an) infection that (a) doctor doesn't know about. Your mom should be proud of (a) boy like you."

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Soliloquy.

This word is a long uninterrupted speech by someone on stage. It has a nice ring to it. Don't you think?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Endeavour. Note: That spelling is correct to the Europeans, you special Americans like it with no "u"
Endeavour is my favorite POTC ship, my favorite way of describing an action or adventure (I will endeavour to succeed) and I like the way it rolls off the tongue.
Also, side note, Endeavour was Captain Cook's ship, a msall three masted frigate which sailed to find the length of Australia and instead found New Zealand. Why New Zealand is not Cookland or something of the like is beyond me.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

My favourite word Philophobia because of it's definition.

Mr_Casas
Mr_Casas
68 posts
Peasant

bodacious

It's two words combined, audacious and bold.
Audacious meaning extremely bold or daring and fearless. Bold meaning not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger.

Bodacious- remarkable, outstanding, excellent, admirable.

Bodacious is my favorite word becouse it sounds so awesome! Anyone who says it in any way will sound so awesome. It's bold, it's adacious, it's BODACIOUS!

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

My favorite word for spelling reasons is "coccyx." I mean who thought of that conglomeration of c's and x's?

As far as cool-sounding words, I like "interrogatory."

But my favorite word to use in everyday speech is definitely "janky." the best part is it really isn't a word. How janky is that?

Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

My favorite word is potato. I like to eat them and watch them explode.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

tonyallen.

The most euphonic word in the English dictionary. Has been known to evoke great euphoria when heard.

wert499
wert499
21 posts
Nomad

I like the word *other*. I like it because it's broad. It is anything outside of the categories. I also like the word *indubitably*. It's just fun to say.

Twelvegageshoty
Twelvegageshoty
31 posts
Nomad

Forgive my poor spelling but, the German word 'Krankenvaughen' is my favorite word. The way it just kinda flows in a weird way when said lol.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

what isnt my favorite word? i cant answer a forum like this

wait, my favorite word flapjacks. it always will be.
HAIL FLAPJACKS

Showing 1-15 of 18