ForumsNews and FeedbackBuying Armor Points

22 7024
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Is there a way that AGv3 can have a place to buy Armor Points? That could be a great way to earn money.

For Example:

$1 = 100 Armor Points
$5 = 600 Armor Points

Something like that.

• 22 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't like this idea for the sole reason that I don't want ArmorGames to turn into Yoville. But this is a good way for them to make some money. I doubt a lot of users will be buying armor points, but the ones that care so much about that insignificant number definitely will.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Fortunately never heard they planned this, not my piece of cake.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i think instead of ap it should be supercool armatars, that way it will be easier to recognize those who have been more active instead of just paying to be a king.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Well, they can think of the price for Armor Points.

I heard that AGv3 will have a different version of Armor Points, which makes people wonder. Probably, people would want to buy Armor Points for the new things they could get in AGv3.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Armor points will be for achievements, and I don't think they'll have unlockables. Points will just be there for the purpose of having points, nothing else.

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

I don't like this idea at all. I tend to stray away from apps in the app store that rely on purchases in games as well as online games that require better items to be bought. I no longer play video games, but when I did I also stayed away from those games.

The point of Armor Points is to encourage participation. Making it possible to buy Armor Points would completely defeat the purpose...

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

There are some reasons why I made up this idea.

1.Since there are many users in the website, the employees can't keep track of them. So, if the company generates some money, they can hire more people so the Armor Games community can be better.

2. The company will have some money to add additional games or things into the website.

3.Workers have a higher paying salary.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

What I say about this idea is NO. Some people don't have very much money and some are rich as hell. It wouldn't be fair for tose who have very bad parents or for those who don't have much money. I'm in the middle, I can say that, but not all people have that much money and I hate when people are unfair. So shock457, I'll have to disagree with you this time.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

1.Since there are many users in the website, the employees can't keep track of them. So, if the company generates some money, they can hire more people so the Armor Games community can be better.

2. The company will have some money to add additional games or things into the website.

3.Workers have a higher paying salary.

The thing is, people most likely won't spend a significant amount of money on armor points, something that is completely useless and is only there to show how active you've been playing games. Which means they won't make much money from this idea, it'll just be some pocket change.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

We will have two different point systems in AGv3, "New AP" and "Reputation" (or something like that^^)

The new AP (as i remember right) would be given for achivements (rewarded for some things in games), if you can buy points here, you will counteract this system.
You would gain points not for being good in several games, youll get them for nothing (nothing than money, but not for an real activity on this site/games on this site).
The reputation system works on nother trail, more likely the former AGv2 AP, youll get points from ratings, comments etc, but in AGv3 the community is involved and have an influence on this pointsystem, so if you can buy your points here, you will counteract the system too.

All in all, you can be bad as hell, writing lousy comments and so on, but have a high pointrate... sure, youll find some people that need this e-(you now what i mean), but all that for the counteract of this new system.

Richard_Grayson
Richard_Grayson
1 posts
Shepherd

well. while of coarse buying AP would worst case scenario make a little money i think it sorta defeats the purpose. although i have been coming to AG for years and years im new to actually having an account so let me know if im wrong but there arent any actual benefits to having a lot of ap? besides just letting u know that uve posted and rated a lot. basically says ur a more senior member. buying ur way there in a day defeats the purpose. itd be different if maybe it unlocked something.or like some have said new armatars ...or whatever...not saying its a bad thing just dont see a reason to buy them. anyway just my opinion. like i said. worst case, the people who do care and want it will get it. and AG makes some money.
-Grayson

ninjet99
ninjet99
54 posts
Shepherd

i think that is cool but it is more fun to just earn them

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

That's... well, pointless. AP here is for participation in the community, and participation in games. The Rep stuff would be participation in games, and I believe there is still a big Q for the community stuffs.

At least, there was when I left.

Anyways. If AG really needed the money, you could always find someone in the community now who is good in marketing and that, and open a LEGITIMATE store on here. What they have now is just meh, but there are enough people on here that might actually blow 5 or 10 bucks on cool game shirts or something.

I know someone who would probably enjoy the business (Mage)

But that's just *my* idea. As an alternative to buying AP and fulfilling your reasons for it.

melon0111
melon0111
211 posts
Nomad

It would completely destroy the purpose of foruming and earning your spot.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The Rep stuff would be participation in games, and I believe there is still a big Q for the community stuffs.

Reputation will be for forum posts and game comments. Achievements will be the new armor points, replacing what we currently have.
Showing 1-15 of 22