ForumsThe TavernMythology

22 11158
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

If anyone is interested in mythology, please try this.

[url=http://http://www.sporcle.com/games/golden_Spike/greek-norse-or-romanclickable]

• 22 Replies
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

No one? Come'on, I'll challenge someone.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Link fix.

I got 13 out of 30. I could do better, but it's kinda late in the day.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

14/30 It's irritating starting it over I know the majority but there is the odd ones which I can't get right and having to do it 3 times over to get past it is annoying

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

18/30 I'm really tired. The Avengers kinda helped with the Thor and Loki thing. I hate it how if you miss one you're out :P

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Got a bad score because I kept thinking Bacchus was from the Greek mythology. Otherwise, my score was 28/30 when I managed to remember he wasn't.
Prosepina and Ananke aren't ladies I can honestly say I remember from the mythologies, though Prosepina seems to be the counterpart of Persephone (which was why I failed at her), and I might have heard about Ananke, but not in a way that it stuck.

The Avengers kinda helped with the Thor and Loki thing.

That is really sad. Mainly because the Avengers fangirls tend to mix the comics and the real mythology, which makes me sad. They aren't getting it wrong, but they are rather selective about it...
Can't say they took the best of the Norse gods anyway, but still, Thor, Loki, Freyr and Baldur should be easy to recognise (also, the English spelling is annoying!)

Mythology out!
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

22/30. With both greek and roman deites it turns to a matter of names rathen than knowledge. I knew perfectly who proserpina was, I just didn't remember if it was the greek or roman name.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

30/30 on about my tenth try. The Norse gods are pretty easy, they all have the same type of name. I knew almost all of the Greek and Roman gods beforehand, so it was just a matter of trial and error on the ones I didn't know. But I started out on 1/30 because I couldn't remember Ananke. I got to about 10/30 and at that point I was going to get 30/30 no matter what.

Screenshot for bragging rights:

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w503/soccerdude2/Screenshot2012-07-19at80152AM.png

Oh yes I also did it with 2:07 to go.

Hats off to anyone who gets it on their first try.

waterlinkedgirl
waterlinkedgirl
36 posts
Jester

First it was 13/30, after a try or 3 it was 22/30, and on my 5th try it was 30/30!

yay for my knowledge of myths and such.

feeras1
feeras1
115 posts
Peasant

So it's a test?

feeras1
feeras1
115 posts
Peasant

14/30 because I didn't know what the heck was norse and I guess it's the odd ones.

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

Well, so much for challenging you guys. Thank you for playing though!

-Game Creator

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

managed to get 30/30 after a few tries, i had trouble with ananke and vespa and mistook prosapina, roman daughter ceres, for persephone, greek daughter of demeter.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

1/30 At my fifth try. -_-
I'm terrible at this apparently.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I got 16/30 after a seven tries (that includes a the 4 from a few days ago). I know most of the Roman and Norse gods, but I am completely ignorant when it comes to the Greek gods.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I got 30/30. Roman, Greek and Norse mythologies are somewhat common knowledge, so it wasn't very hard.

Ananke was the trickiest. I was only sure she was Greek because I ruled out the other options. Upon consulting Wikipedia, I remembered she was one of the primordial deities.

And that pretty much accounts for the slight obscurity.

The most sadistic world mythology quiz I could find after searching for five minutes.

Showing 1-15 of 22