ForumsThe TavernBefore game/video advertisements

3 1420
VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Do you think that they are effective? When you see one, do you ever want to go out and buy a product/service or does it make you instantly not want to buy the product/service that is advertised? Most importantly, do you ever pay attention to the advertisement? Just want to get various people's opinions.

• 3 Replies
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Typically when they show a movie or game advertisement they reveal the key points of its plot. So watching the movie or playing the game has little attraction.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I think that advertisement can be pretty effective for video games. If I'm deciding between two or more games, I'll use as much information about the game to decide. If one has a much cooler trailer then I'm going to want to buy that one more. I don't really know for sure what a game will be like before I buy it, so sometimes I go to their trailers.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

^^ didn't read the OP... or topic?

even if you don't watch the ad, or even if you don't even listen. you may subconsciously take in the name. They don't expect you to see their ad and go but the product. but if you hear the name enough you will be more likely to buy their brand since its the one you know.

Showing 1-3 of 3