ForumsThe TavernTeam USA Basketball

6 1558
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
417 posts
Nomad

I started this thread because I would like to hear about what Everyone thinks of this years men's Olympic basketball team. There have been debates about whether or not this team is better than the 1992 Dream Team and I want to hear what u guys think. Also why the USA is so dominant and if there is a better way to play this to give the USA better competition besides Spain and Brazil

• 6 Replies
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Oh man th,e us is awesome.
They are doing great.
Whats this seasons score?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Hmm.. I think they won all their preparation games pretty handily, although they struggled against Brazil a bit.

If Team USA fails to win gold... *facepalm*

In my opinion, they'd probably be able to compete with the Dream Team somewhat...but would ultimately lose out. With the likes of MJ, Magic, Bird and Pippen you can't go wrong.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I asked my dad why the USA is so good at basketball and he responded.

because, we have all the brothers.

so better competition? they are just going to have to work harder.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
417 posts
Nomad

Experts are predicting that the good medal game will be USA vs Spain. That's also an upcoming exhibition game for the US if I'm not mistaken. Spain and Argentina are the USAs biggest competition. A lot of NBA players in those countries (Ginoboli, Ibaka etc) will make the game interesting

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
417 posts
Nomad

Also, of the USA has shown any kind of weakness it is when they are forced to settle in a half court set. When the threes arent Falling and the transition game isn't clicking, they don't have a very good half court game. Sure they got 3-4 alley oops to Anthony Davis against Britain, but let's be honest, the only reason Britain is in the Olympics is because the are the host country. Any other team would shut down that half court set up alley oop game all day long. The real challenge that Spain and Argentina present is quickness and athleticism, these are the 2 teams that can really keep up with the USA speed and tempo and that could be a huge advantage for them.

pksbeast
pksbeast
24 posts
Nomad

usa

Showing 1-6 of 6