ForumsThe TavernA user with no name

20 3132
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I was messing with url the other day and I found this guy, a user with no name.

• 20 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Thought this was going to be some sort of rendition of a horse with no name.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

on my friends list there is a user with no name... but im pretty sure it was a glitch.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Is it no name, or is the _______ his actual name? Does AG even allow that? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

There are lots of people with only underscores with names. It isn't a big deal.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Does AG even allow that?

Well, the Underscore_ is an allowable character, and as of yet there is no rule saying that your name must be a specific style of alpha-numeric combination, so... Yes. It would seem that this is allowed.

I guess this guy just felt more comfortable being a little more anonymous than the rest of us.
colony101
colony101
44 posts
Shepherd

It says nothing about it in the rules

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Well then problem solved. I for one think it is a bit rude for him not to chime in and explain hisself.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

This was a thread worth discussing.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I for one think it is a bit rude for him not to chime in and explain hisself.

He hasn't been here in years.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmmmmm, oh I have seen these accounts before. There are alot of people on AG who have taken some names and never really used there accounts. You can tell cause they always disable there messenger and have little to no AP. You can tell from user Minotaur, Dark, Light, and a lot others I am to lazy to put. I think people who make accounts like underscore's account do it just because they are bored or something. I don't see a reason for it to be against the rules, that is unless his username has a hidden perverted message in it...... XD

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

his name is just a bunch of underscores

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

his name is just a bunch of underscores

A blank username results in the same profile due to the lack of underscore sensitivity. The lack of underscore sensitivity also results in the underscore glitch. This glitch means that the profile of the user with no alphanumeric characters can change at any time, even without activity from the user in question.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Oh yeah. Your right. Never mind.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Yeah, underscores in user names can cause problems. The underscores are not taken into account by the coding, so you run into problems sometimes. Sometimes you can't view your actual profile when you have an underscores. For example, user_name_1 would be treated the same username1. So if one user has user_name_1 and another user has username1 it can cause them to go to the wrong profiles at random.

Look at this, both links will lead to my profile:
http://armorgames.com/user/Reton8
http://armorgames.com/user/R_e_t_o_n_8

The underscore can be very problematic.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

Hmmm... It appears his name is ____

Showing 1-15 of 20