ForumsGamesWhich Zelda game is the best?

62 10086
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

My favorite zelda game would either be Ocarina of Time, or Skyward Sword.

• 62 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I like 'A Link to The Past', handheld edition.

That one is good, until a Like-Like eats your mirror shield and runs off the screen, at which point you have to restart the ENTIRE game.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were great because of their amazing graphics.

I weep. Graphics are the icing on a cake.

A cake that tastes like crap still tastes like crap no matter how much icing you put on it.

Not that either was a bad game, but they certainly were not the best. Twilight Princess was too straight forward and easy, though it did have a nice map. Skyward Sword was an uber let down in the "Skyward" part of the game, while it got -really- annoying always fighting enemies where you just pick the attack direction that they currently aren't blocking. Again, too straight forward and easy.

Majora's Mask. Like OoT, but much better.

Majora's Mask was good (if creepy) but it's also pretty short. Harder than OoT, but it has a small map and is redundant when getting the masks.

Personally, I think OoT and Wind Waker are tied. OoT has great dungeons and puzzles. Wind Waker is just fun, with a large world to explore and nice features with improved fighting and comedic elements.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I got Skyward Sword today, and it's way better than I thought it would be. The soundtrack is amazing, too. I still think I like OoT a little bit more, though.

walshymusic
walshymusic
48 posts
Nomad

omgsh such a tough question... ive beat every zelda game i have played, and ive played almost all of them... i can assure you that my lease favorite was "four swords" which i played on the gamecube. it wasnt very well put together. the best one for me is probably..... Ocarina of Time.

knaaren
knaaren
6 posts
Scribe

ive played all the US released games, and its gotta be OoT. other games come close, but you can't beat the legendary game

Volioze
Volioze
9 posts
Nomad

Ocarina of Time of course !

Best OST in the world, great adventure, a magical atmosphere...
The second best is Wind Waker, awesome graphics, Toon Link is very awesom and funny, the musics are very awesome and the ocean is big but with the awesome music, it is not really big

Arceus12
Arceus12
145 posts
Shepherd

I think it is The Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass because it is the first Zelda game

Arceus12
Arceus12
145 posts
Shepherd

At least i think it is the first one

bob5442
bob5442
35 posts
Blacksmith

I think it depends on witch consul it is on for me!

octiant
octiant
3 posts
Nomad

A lot of my friends say the Minish Cap is the best, but I'm all for Wind Waker. That game takes exploration to a whole new level in those games, and the gameplay is just above and beyond.

AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

For me, its very close... Ocarina of Time was one of the first great games of the century, and the soundtrack is the best, in my opinion, as well as the vast game landscape. Skyward Sword had an original idea, because Zelda was never a princess, and also for the fact that you had to essentially forge the master sword yourself. Twilight Princess was a creative new way to transform Link to make him reach new places that were previously unreachable, as well as the darkness and mysteriousness that was lacking in the previous Zelda games. I believe that Skyward Sword is the best quality game, but Ocarina of Time was the better game.

Roxxar123
Roxxar123
61 posts
Farmer

I think it is The Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass because it is the first Zelda game

Not even close, my man. Phantom Hourglass came out in...what...2008? The very first one came out in 1986. Far off, man.

Anyways, my favorite is just Ocarina of Time. Always has been, always will be.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

and also for the fact that you had to essentially forge the master sword yourself.

Minish cap.

For Killersup, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess both share 1st place. Each in their own little spot in Killersup's dead heart.
AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

@killersup10, you make the Four Sword in the Minish Cap, not the master sword, and the whole game is mostly based on making the sword, whereas Skyward Sword you make it, and then you still have much to do.

EvanGeissler
EvanGeissler
2 posts
Nomad

Of all the ones I've played, without a doubt ocarina.

Phantom87k
Phantom87k
3 posts
Nomad

Ocarina of time, no doubt!

Showing 46-60 of 62