Nomad

I found this war on wikipedia called emu war
can u guys find any more?

• 15 Replies
joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

theres always the war of Jenkins ear (i believe its Jenkins)
It was a war between 2 countries (i don't remember which) that fought because one guy from a country cut off a guy (Jenkin) ear (who was from another).
it started just because of that

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It was a war between 2 countries (i don't remember which)
it was the english and the french, jenkin was an englishman.
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

Could the war of 1812 be called ridiculous?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Could the war of 1812 be called ridiculous?

No. Why would you want to call it ridiculous?
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I find the Civil War- all civil wars to be ridiculous. In the United States the North and South acted really childish in my opinion. and I don't believe a country should ever turn on its self.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

No. Why would you want to call it ridiculous?

In one form or another, all wars are deserving of ridicule.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It was a war between 2 countries (i don't remember which) that fought because one guy from a country cut off a guy (Jenkin) ear (who was from another).

The cutting of his ear was just the spark. The keg of powder, trade and political disputes between Spain and Britain from the War of the Quadruple Alliance, was already there, waiting to be ignited.
bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

I would have to say Vietnam

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

what about... the war of the bucket? two countries (I can't remember which) warred because someone stole a well bucket...

LE FAIL.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I agree with bigmac258

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

ya, all wars are deserving some ridicule, but they all started because 2 countries dont like eachother, so they just kill eachother.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

The Battle of Karansebes (1788)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I find all wars utterly ridiculous.

"This foreign country does not agree with what we believe and/or is obstructing something we want to accomplish. Let's kill as many people from that country as we can to show our superiority. Maybe then we'll come to an agreement."

Yeah. That's totally logical.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

i find it a little offensive for all who fall in these wars.

guys, war is not just a game or a say "lets war" by politicians.
the Vietnam war was about communism {or rather to say, russian domination} against democracy. same as in korea. but in korea the west was able to keep some of korea as a democracy. in vietnam the west failed.

oh god dammet myyca, just read the story of the battle and now i cant stop laughing... Interrupted my train of thought

but remmeber, every war about "stuiped reason" as a background of hate and Interests. teh first world war didnt start because of the assassination. it started because everyone want to be the alpha dog.
since we bite each other to death to wher we mostly just threat or shoot missles, its about power and survival. some times its conquering, and some time a rivalry, like the french-british one for centuries, or the chinese japanese one.
so no ernie, i dont think that wars are stuiped. wiki some of them, look for there reasons. if australia will demand that tokelau is an australian land and try to conquer it {yea it sound silly but just go along with me}, woulndt you fight back?

but there are some misrebel and funny stories in them.

the pig war.
Rest in peace poor pig! your death was not in vain!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

if australia will demand that tokelau is an australian land and try to conquer it {yea it sound silly but just go along with me}, woulndt you fight back?

Land is land, people are people. If Australia wants to obtain Tokelau officially, they can work something out with the Tokelauans and avoid bloodshed. Killing all the Tokelauans would prove nothing more than that the Australians are power-hungry and bloodthirsty, and that they don't see the Tokelauans as people, but instead as obstacles that can easily be eliminated in order to reach their goal of achieving more land.

The Tokelauans obviously have no choice but to fight back now because the Australians have a much larger army and are not willing to listen to any Tokelauan proposition, but they're only fighting to survive, not to gain anything.

Switching out of hypothetical mode, I would like to point out that the likelihood of a federal democracy and constitutional monarchy attacking and attempting to conquer a colony of New Zealand is quite small. Having said that, the idea of Australia attacking Tokelau is about as silly to me as the idea behind any war.
Showing 1-15 of 15