ForumsThe TavernDoes our country need a Symbol?

21 4093
CaptainP17
CaptainP17
6 posts
Peasant

I don't mean a symbol as in an object but a symbol as a person. Do we need that symbol?

• 21 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

If I recall, you have the Bald Eagle, and people cannot be symbols. They are either leaders or martyrs.

JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

The "symbol person" of America is already either Uncle Sam or Lady Liberty (Statue of Liberty).

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

However, Signora Liberty was made by the French, so it has to be Uncle Sam. Or your many talented actors. (Who I am sure have European bloodlines )

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I think Uncle Sam is already a well-known symbol. And he isn't even very official.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

However, Signora Liberty was made by the French, so it has to be Uncle Sam.

Actually, America's break for Independence fueled French's revolution. The statue was a gift to America for that.
JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

However, Signora Liberty was made by the French, so it has to be Uncle Sam. Or your many talented actors. (Who I am sure have European bloodlines )

She was made by the french, but as a gift to the US and is generally associated with the US more than France.

the bloodline is irrelevant since there is no "American Bloodline" per se. Really, if you go back far enough, all there is is an African bloodline.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

You're all wrong. The answer is no. We do not need a symbol.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Well, The Statue of Liberty is known as an American symbol, regardless of who made it. That's like saying we all own Chinese stuff because it's all made in China. So, no. Lady Liberty is an American symbol, and there are countless immigrant stories to back that one up.

Bald Eagle is another symbol. It doesn't have to be strictly American, but it is an American symbol. Uncle Sam is a legitimate American symbol though.

America is the melting pot. We don't have a bloodline, unless you count the American Indians. :P

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

The flag is the symbol this country deserves, but not what it needs.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I asume this is about the us, and I don't think we need more.
Uncle Sam
Statue of liberty
Bald eagle
Captain America (debatable)
No, I think we are good.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for double

Because I'm batman!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Because I'm batman!

This might be a stupid question, but what does that have to do with symbols for countries?
armorjamesus
armorjamesus
17 posts
Peasant

Our country should abolish the government and then we can have an Anarchy symbol.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

This might be a stupid question, but what does that have to do with symbols for countries?

The quote from batman about " the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs" was changed to
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Our country should abolish the government and then we can have an Anarchy symbol.

No... Our country shouldn't do that. Why the heck would they do that? And how the heck is that relevant to the topic of does our country need a symbol?
Showing 1-15 of 21