ForumsThe TavernInstagram

6 1419
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Instagram is an app for some smart phones in which the user takes a photo and it is uploaded to his/her profile. It's very popular because the picture can be taken with the phone and it takes about 30 seconds to upload it.

I personally don't have one because I don't own a smartphone. But i look on my friends phone and it looks pretty dumb.

For instance, there will be a picture of a crushed soda can with an artsy filter on it and the caption will be "wow man, i took this photo and on a second look I realized it describes segregation of blacks and whites in amer-" Bull**** it's a can. It looks fun for a little while but after a week or so i think i would get annoyed

Do you have one?

Any thoughts about insta?

• 6 Replies
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

I think there are 3 or so apps like that thought the net, some are prevalent on facebook. I thought the general opinion was that those who overused it are very annoying.

I can't speak for others though on that.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

"wow man, i took this photo and on a second look I realized it describes segregation of blacks and whites in amer-"

I lol'd.

It angers me how people will take a picture of grass, put it through, as you said, an "artsy" filter and all of a sudden they have a million likes. I went on it on my friend's account and saw hotsauce. Someone just took a picture of hotsauce and it had a good few thousand likes.

I think there are 3 or so apps like that thought the net

Some are for professional photographers. Instagram is the "any kid with a camera can be a photographer".
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

It angers me how people will take a picture of grass, put it through, as you said, an "artsy" filter and all of a sudden they have a million likes. I went on it on my friend's account and saw hotsauce. Someone just took a picture of hotsauce and it had a good few thousand likes.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. People just wet themselves over the strangest things.
ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
811 posts
Nomad

Personally I don't mind. It's just a way for the younger generation to express themselves.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It's called art, or that's what people call it. There's nothing wrong in people posting random stuff, and just sharing with the world. Society defines art, if they seem to be enthralled by it, then so let it be. I personally use instagram, without the filters, just to show interesting things that I find.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I use instagram, but to creep, not to post. I haven't posted any pictures (yet) although i find it handy to stalk our youtubers.

Showing 1-6 of 6