ForumsThe TavernThe Olympics Thread

23 3551
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

As I am typing this the Olympic opening ceremony is underway, and with the start of the Olympic Games I though I would start the Olympic Games thread. Here we can discuss the action as it unfolds.

For now, what are your thoughts on the opening ceremony?

Personally it seemed over-the-top as it always is, and it was really strange how they did it. Going through the eras starting before the industrial revolution was cool, and I found the set up amazing. It must have taken months to get all of that put into place, and get the people ready with their costumes. Much respect to them for doing it but again unnecessary.

• 23 Replies
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

like we did last year though.

I mean last Olympics.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss is angry that NBC is taping important events and then showing them at primetime, causing thabsoss know what happens for important things (for instance, anything involving phelps) instead of seeing it live. It's ridiculous.

And as to people talking about phelps losing... He has the 19 medals... And he's old. Sure, he got beaten by lochte, but thaboss doubts that London lochte could beat Beijing phelps.

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

U-S-A

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Congrats to Michael Phelps for becoming the most decorated Olympian of all-time. I guess Subway is better for us than we all think.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Congrats to Michael Phelps for becoming the most decorated Olympian of all-time. I guess Subway is better for us than we all think.

Yeah definitely have to give him props for that. He could have gotten a lot more golds if he had... I don't know... trained a little the past few years.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Looks like USA basketball is going to dominate for another Olympic year. Their only competitions are Spain, France, and Argentina.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

People complaining about the tape delay, watch it live online.

And screw the gymnastics people again. Ally tied for bronze in All Round, she should have a bronze metal.

Showing 16-22 of 23