ForumsWEPROTHER Religions?

20 7617
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

So here I am just chilling out being a christian, reading A TON of threads on here where Christians and Non-Christians (assumed mostly atheist) go back and forth endlessly (The atheists sounding so much more intelligent about 99% of the time, which is so discouraging to me haha) about who's right and who's wrong and this is why and blah blah. That's great, but where are the debates/discussions over the other religions? If you have other threads in mind please point me in their direction.

• 20 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

That's great, but where are the debates/discussions over the other religions?

There's a few threads which involve multiple ones, such as the Heaven and Hell thread. Before we had some "Ask a Muslim" and "Ask a Hindu" threads, but they weren't kept up with. I think there were a few others, a Norse mythology one, a Satanism one, and a Wiccan one, same problem as the other non-christian threads. Without that other side being around to field their side of the debate the threads die.

You can look through the previous pages, although I believe there's a forum bug atm where the threads aren't really in order past a certain point...and they are most likely far back.
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

[quote]Without that other side being around to field their side of the debate the threads die.

So what you're saying is there's just not enough, if any at all, people from other religions and worldviews here? Well that's a tad disappointing. Thanks for your help.

LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

2nd part there shouldn't be in quotes

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So what you're saying is there's just not enough, if any at all, people from other religions and worldviews here? Well that's a tad disappointing. Thanks for your help.

There is a few on here, for example I think Punisher is still on. He is a Muslim. You might get him to talk. There is also a few Jewish people. Someone had a little "Pole" a while back, the forum is glitched so I can not find it, but if you are interested it might help you.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

the forum is glitched so I can not find it, but if you are interested it might help you.

if you mean the glitch where it always shows the same page, it has been in my experience that you can get around that by clicking on a thread, going back, and hitting reload.

p.s. someone else posted this on the thread dealing with the glitch.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i think there was also an "ask a jew" thread but it only lasted 2 pages. thing is christians make the most most of the theists community on AG. the others dont exist or probably dont care enough to post in there. ill also be a little harsh and say that usually its christianity that is being argued with other people. its pretty much the religion that effects the most (in places where non-christians live too).

judaism usually keeps a low profile and doesnt really effect anyone and islam usually only effects people in the middle east.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

And the fact Christians haven't worked out the idea of locking themselves up as monks and never giving a care, rather than attacking other religions like French Corvettes.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

No problemo, we'll call it a glitch. Off ye trot.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I would like it if there would be more diversity in the religions here on AG.
Right now I'm exploring the religious world for myself and I don't quite understand why most people on AG seem to be atheist or Christian.

FishermanJE
FishermanJE
38 posts
Nomad

http://www.religioustolerance.org/var_rel.htm

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Right now I'm exploring the religious world for myself and I don't quite understand why most people on AG seem to be atheist or Christian.

I'd like to know this too. It might be because this is a largely U.S. site, or that as stated before, the other religions generally keep to themselves about it.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I would like it if there would be more diversity in the religions here on AG.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist finds this quite unnerving as well.

the other religions generally keep to themselves about it.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist also does not understand why the non-Christian religious folk that lurk this site do not become more vocal. Ah well.

Oh, and anyone else remember that "Armor of God" clan? Bah! Trying to defile me and Highfire on a **** daily basis...

-Chillz
feeras1
feeras1
115 posts
Peasant

My religion is an Arabic religion and no one can convert to it. It's called Druze, and it's a very unknown religion. Don't believe me look it up on Google.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

My religion is an Arabic religion and no one can convert to it. It's called Druze, and it's a very unknown religion. Don't believe me look it up on Google.

Isn't that basically a set of Islam? Kind of like how Mormonism is an offset of Christianity? Last I checked you can convert to it....
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Kind of like how Mormonism is an offset of Christianity?
A lot of people say Mormons are not Christians, including Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholics.
Showing 1-15 of 20