ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Operating Systems Mac OS vs. Windows vs. Linux

5 2347
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Simple question... what's your favorite OS and why? I'm asking between three main Operating Systems...

Windows (NT, 95, 98, XP, and so on)
Mac (Mac OS, Mac OSX)
Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, and so on)

Mine is Linux because I'm a nerd, and I like playing around with the terminal, plus it's fast, and because Ubuntu and my computer hardware hate each other (mainly the crappy dell graphics card) I learned a lot of linux programming from it, and it's freeware, plenty of freeware apps (as well as plaintext apps you can run in the terminal), and it's just loads of fun to play with

• 5 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i would have to go with windows, i have never heard of Linus but according to this , Macs and Personal Computers are equal in power, but Personal Computers are cheaper.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I don't know any more...I've used all of them, Windows has everything made for it, games, programs, and viruses. Linux is free, but there is almost nothing for it. Mac is fast and reliable, but it's to get get games for it and it's hard to tamper with game mechanics, like you can Windows.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Definitely Windows. It's more flexible then other operating systems, more programs are available for Windows, and a high end Windows computer is cheaper then a low end Mac.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I've never used a Linux but I've heard a lot of popular programs don't work with them. Hell, I've heard IE doesn't even work. Macs are unique and I like what Jobs was trying to do with it, but it needs work. It's just... too unique and isn't flexible. I've used Windows all my life.

Soul93
Soul93
12 posts
Nomad

Windows!

Showing 1-5 of 5