ForumsWEPR(I know it's a little late) What did people think of the Olympics Opening Ceremony

13 3467
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Again, I would have posted this thread a little earlier but I was on holiday. And it is a World event, before people tell me that it should go in popular media or the tavern. If there was a thread about this before I'm sorry.

So what did you think because apparently it was a bit confusing to follow?

If you have any questions on what was going on or what bits represented what just ask.

• 13 Replies
bleachfairytail
bleachfairytail
36 posts
Nomad

i liked the way they did the cauldron, at first it was confusing but the way it lit up every other tube and then became a really big fire

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

liked the 1st part of the show. from 1500 till 2000 or something like that. then i went off and came back halfway the walking part. and thats not very interesting. =P

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

I myself hated the opening ceremony, I personally just didn't like the dances and plays.

That said; Go Canada all the way.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1F4kVQbeaD6zgjejQkwfT9QF4TpYiYqGtdeYl5PpOqpChxZqVjA

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i didnt mind it honestly i could careless about the opening or the olympics in general...sure its considered a huge event but im tired of just about EVERY time i open something theres always a ad for the olympics or every youtube video has a ad for it =_=

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Beijing was better. All I learned from the Brits is that they are great at landscaping and their hospitals have glowing beds filled with sick, jumpy kids.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

I heard the opening ceremony cost something like 40 million dollars. Seems a little excessive to me.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I personally quite liked the ceremony. Well except for the hospital bed and most of the dancing part. But the beginning, telling Englands history, was quite original and somehow reminded of the Lord of the Rings (maybe because Tolkien inspired himself from the English history as well).

The flame was surely the most original I have ever seen, with the single buds, one for each country, rising into one big torch. And McCartneys finish with Hey Jude was epic, wish I could've been there..

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

The olympics are just another reason for people to go insane. It feeds our natural need for competition, and cheering on our home countries (USA for me) in competitions helps that. I personally like the olympics, but the five- hour opening ceremony is a little ridiculous.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I heard the opening ceremony cost something like 40 million dollars. Seems a little excessive to me

beijings opening costed about 10 times more.
nothing will be that any time soon. (untill new techniqs are invented. (like the LED seats in the UK but then more special)

the five- hour opening ceremony is a little ridiculous.

1st you get a show of 1.5 hours or 2 hours that usualy is great to look at. then you get 2 hours of countrys walking into the stadium. very boring and thats the time you can do something els. and after that you get a 15 min show of the fire (it's always like this)
that last 15 mins can be watched back later that day or the day after on the news. so no need to wait for that part.

so from those "5" hours only 2 are interesting.
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

I didnt think the Mr.Bean piano thing was funny

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

I didnt think the Mr.Bean piano thing was funny

halogunner
halogunner