ForumsPopular MediaAny Van Halen or Led Zepplin fanatics out there?

22 13094
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

These are my top 2 favorite bands of all time. Favorite songs are Unchained and Eruption/You Really Got Me
by VH

Heartbreaker and Black Dog by LZ

I saw their recent concert in May or April.

I want to hear from YOU.

love 'em or hate 'em?

(by the way i am in middle school and I am ridiculed for liking classic/80's rock and hating pop music so who's in my boat with me?)

• 22 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Oh heck, I'm aboard with you!! I'll even paddle the thing on my own!! =D

I just love these two giants in Classic Rock music!! Van Halen is my alltime favorite and Led Zeppelin is right alongside (juuussst a tad behind to be honest) of them! =)

You should mock those haters for liking brainless junk (mind you, totally not all, but a lot, yes) they tend to call pop music these days... pop music used to be a vast podium for all sorts of music that was actually good and was nearing the king of music genres: ROCK!
Nothing can compete with the Classic Rock genre! True, some genres from which rock has emerged were undeniably great, but Classic Rock has evolved from that and been an inspiration to a vast range of other music genres!

And even though they were both giants of their time, I have to favour Van Halen a little more as they have a truly awesome sound! Too bad there has been so much fighting behind the scenes over the years... this band would have been the undisputed King of Rock hadn't they been fooling around for several periods...

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

So I was raised on Van Halen. My dad exposed me to Van Halen as long as i could remember. lately though, i have loved Jimmy pages sound with his syncapated rhythm. they are exactly neck and neck for me.

Questions for you, MrDayCee.
Whats your favorite VH album? mine is 1984(best album cover ever!!)
Whats your favorite VH song? Unchained for me.
Whats your favorite LZ song? Heartbreaker for me.
Did you see their concert this year? I did
Did you like or hate this years album? 15% like, 85% hate for me. Tattoo and She's the Woman are pretty good.

Final Question.

Eruption vs. guitar solo in stairway to heaven. according to a top 100 guitar solo count, stairway won and Eruption got second.HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN???

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Well i just spent the last 4 hours on my record turntable. Listening to the ORIGINAL LCD RECORDS OF VAN HALEN AND AC/DC. of course i was home alone and had the music CRANKED. i was mixing and scrathing and putting my own dj-ing style on things.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

scratching*

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I also listened to the ORIGINAL 1973 Lynyrd Skynyrd album. it was their first album titled "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

I'm not a fan of Van Halen even if he's one of the first guitar hero =)

But I'm a big fan of Led Zeppelin, I have all the CD's *_* Jimmy Page is so inspiring for me

I enjoy a lot Lynyrd Skynyrd too, but I don't know that much all their discography

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

why dont you like VH?

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
162 posts
Nomad

I'm a huge fan of both bands. Led Zeppelin is my all time favorite band, ever. And Van Halen would be my third. Pink Floyd being in the middle.

I am in the same boat as you idigit, I'm going to be a Junior in high-school this year and love Classic Rock, granted I like a lot of modern music but Classic Rock comes first.

My favorite songs by LZ: The Battle Of Evermore - Black Dog - The Rain Song - Kashmir

My favorite VH songs: Jump - Runnin' With The Devil - Panama - Why Can't This Be Love

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Your favorite songs are great, FALLEN950.

ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

Me, I take music pretty slow in terms of finding new artists to listen to. At the moment, I'm loving Led Zeppelin, but I haven't got round to Van Halen yet. Aside from that Fave songs from Led Zep have gotta be

No Quarter, Kashmir, Immigrant Song, and Dazed And Confused

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

funny thing, they used Kashmir in my sisters ballet recital that i was forced to go to.

that was the best part. i instantly recognized the song

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Sorry I forgot to check into your thread again idigit! Forgive me... =/

You had some questions for me? Allright then, here we go!! =)

# Whats your favorite VH album?
In terms of it's content: definitely "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"!! That album was my breakthrough for becoming a true Van Halen fan! Every single song on that album is awesome!
In terms of album cover: I'd have to make that a tie between 1984 and Balance! Both are sublime and well made! =)

# Whats your favorite VH song?
Ooohhhwww... that's a difficult one there... I like a lot of VH songs, but if I had to choose one, just one... I'd have to saaaaaayyyyy... aaaahhhhhmmm... allright: Right Now! This song is SO AWESOME, I'd like to have it played on my funeral! Just to get people to stop and think about their life... There! =P

# Whats your favorite LZ song?
Again... tough choice! Ahm... I'd say that I like Immigrant Song the best! It's an explosive start and it's a space ride throughout! =D

# Did you see their concert this year?
Sadly... no... they only played in the U.S. And even though I'd really LOVE to see them live, I simply don't have the financial means to travel to the U.S. for a concert!

# Did you like or hate this years album?
Same goes for me on being torn about the new albums potential. It has a few good songs, but it's not convincingly fantastic, as one would expect from all the media hype around it! =/

And your final Question:

# Eruption vs. guitar solo in stairway to heaven. according to a top 100 guitar solo count, stairway won and Eruption got second.HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN???
Even though I didn't know about the list, I have to say that I honestly don't know! Eruption is (for me personally) THE best solo ever! They didn't give Eddie his due credit if you ask me...

There! Questions answered! Who's next in line? =D

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

oh sorry i forgot you dont live in the u.s. when i asked you about seeing the concert.

Right Now! This song is SO AWESOME, I'd like to have it played on my funeral! Just to get people to stop and think about their life... There! =P

i'll try to make that happen. i would like that playing at my funeral too
(is it weird that i put a happy face when i was talking about my death/funeral)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Bigger fan of LZ than Van Halen for some weird intrinsic reasoning...

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

not weird at all.^

Showing 1-15 of 22