ForumsThe TavernEconomy!

10 2791
loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

Okay well i heard that in 5 years gas is going to be 12 dallors a gallon....any1 else think thats crazy??

• 10 Replies
baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Well, I think that in 10 years it could be 12 bucks but not in 5 years. That is to big of a boost.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

For some reason this thread is sending me subliminal messages! It's screaming at me telling you to put this in the tavern... hmm wonder what that's all about lol.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Well, the prices of gas is already high enough...

loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

i know it is half the ppl in the world wont be able to live...

123b00mudead
123b00mudead
82 posts
Nomad

wtf u gotta be crappin me

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

First of all, this belongs in the world events, politics, religions, etc. section. Second of all, I've heard talk of the same, and I don't believe it will occur withing 5 years of my time, but possibly 15-20. I say this, but I don't know for sure, it all depends on two things.

1) The outcome of the War (the middle-east as much oil, and if they become allies somehow or I don't know, in the future, it will become a great asset to our gasoline resources)

2) We find a new substitute for gasoline, but I doubt we will, so I'm putting everything on the first outcome.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Well in a hundred years the price will be so high you can't imagine it. Think about it, we will be using an alternative fuel, so oil will only be used to make plastics, therefore it would be a waste to make gasoline and the price would be exorbitant because there is absolutely no supply, even antique cars would have to have some sort of bio-fuel if anything.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

I wouldn't disclaim that. The price of gas has jumped so high already. Just 20 years ago it was $1.50 USD. And as the gas depletes the price will just get higher and higher. So yeah, I think don't that that wouldn't be too drastic of a prediction.

ÛSnowman1474Û

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, in the future, we'll might be able to discover something that may change the world as we know it. Anything can happen. I'm just going to ride a bike and seldom use a car if gas goes too high or I'll just walk. It's more healthy and I'm in no rush to go anywhere really.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I thought you meant 12 dollars a liter for a moment. That was a bit hard to believe.

Then I realised that a gallon is approximately 4 metric liters. That's entirely plausible.

the middle-east as much oil, and if they become allies somehow

I'm not so sure about the first bit, and I'm much less sure about the second part with regards to the US.
Showing 1-10 of 10