ForumsThe Tavernbomb fact

5 1529
bleachfairytail
bleachfairytail
36 posts
Nomad

In malta, there was a bomb that was dropped and was going to land in a church. All of the nuns inside prayed and prayeed and the bomb went straight through the church but it didn't go off. To this day you can still take pictures with the bomb but can't touch it in case it goes off.

• 5 Replies
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

In malta, there was a bomb that was dropped and was going to land in a church. All of the nuns inside prayed and prayeed and the bomb went straight through the church but it didn't go off. To this day you can still take pictures with the bomb but can't touch it in case it goes off.

That's nice. Now, I will pretend this is Megaton from Fallout 3 and detonate it. I will watch from an apartment building. :3
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

- thats nice. now, i will pretend this is a megaton from Fallout 3 and detonate it. i will watch from an appartment building

seriously dude? what is that trolling? its kinda messed up to say that.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

there is no way to tell that the nuns praying actually stopped the bomb from going off. Still it's interesting that that happened.

bleachfairytail
bleachfairytail
36 posts
Nomad

there is no way to tell that the nuns praying actually stopped the bomb from going off.

yeah, apparently in that town though everybody turned into like really strong Catholics but like you say it's an interesting story
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

there is no way to tell that the nuns praying actually stopped the bomb from going off. Still it's interesting that that happened.

There is a way to tell. Reproduce the event several times (best is 100+), and compare with a second row of reference experiments (bomb 100+ churches without nuns to pray). Then make a statistical analysis and publish the result. Make a meeting with the most prominent theologists to discuss the result and it's implications.

Though you could just acknowledge one bomb fact: bombs and all sorts of explosive military devices frequently don't go off; that's why after a war you will still find old bombs and mines everywhere (last year in Koblenz, Germany, they had to drain parts of the river and evacuate almost half of the city to recover two WW2 bombs, one weighting 1.8 tonnes).
Showing 1-5 of 5