ForumsWEPRWill Barack Obama be killed?

47 10582
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I was watching the news the other day and there was a piece on the upcoming presidential elections. It was mentioning the fact that it is a historic event due to the colour of his skin. Personally i belive it is shameful that in this day and age people are even mentioning it yet nonetheless the newsreaders did. Then they brought up the interesting topic that there is a chance that Obama could be killed by a white supremacist. As i live in the UK, i dont know what or if the US media has said about this. I am interested to know from Americans if they think Obama will be killed and their reasons for thinking that.

• 47 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

yes i have heard rumors that the kkk were thinking of trying to pull something off if he won, i know a few people that are in it and thats what theyve told me

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Really those are the type of people that you should report to the police daswiftarrow. That is terrible. People like that in this day and age are a disgrace i think.

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

There will probably be many attempts in the near future, many of them will fail, but eventually one may succeed. Who knows with all of the racism in the Nation today. What then, will become of a Nation won over by an image of Bill Clinton, whom of which does now have the perspective of him at all? The country will be run down for some time, if you ask me.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I think it's terrible that in this day and age people are willing to kill someone just because of their race. I just hope that he has excellent bodygaurds.

cooldude99778
cooldude99778
201 posts
Nomad

i hope not

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Well i think its a possibility...although personally i'm just glad that he isn't VP cuz then i assure you it would happen (chris rock-SNL). LOL, but seriously i think its a possibility but, also, i don't think that the people who would attempt it are smart enough to be able to do it in this day and age. You can't just walk up to the president anymore and shoot him in the face...

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

If Obama is killed it will have to be before he enters office, why? Because the only presidents to ever die in office were elected on a year divisible by twenty. William Henry Harrison, elected 1840, died 1841; Abraham Lincoln, elected 1860 and 1864, assassinated 1865; James Garfield, elected 1880, assassinated 1881; William McKinley, elected 1896 and 1900, assassinated 1901; FDR, elected 1932, 1936, 1940, 1944, died 1945; JFK, elected 1960, assassinated 1963. This means it is possible Bush will die in office.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I definitely think it is more likely that there will be assassination attempts on him than a white president. I hate that things are this way, but it seems to be a reality. What I am hoping for is that the general consensus will see that he can make a great president regardless of his color.

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I definitely think it is more likely that there will be assassination attempts on him than a white president. I hate that things are this way, but it seems to be a reality.

I would have to agree with this. Its sad, but likely true. I would only expect that the secret service would provide extra protection in preparation for something like this though.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Not to be callous about this, but I'd be interested in seeing, in the unlikely event that a successful assassination attempt is executed, the process of martyrdom following. I envisage social revolution.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

O.K. so lets keep strop away from Obama just in case he makes sure he see's the martyrdom...anyway there is a good chance that it will happen with all the racist and prejdice groups out there but I hope, as many people have said, that security will be stepped up becuase of this.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

:O

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well, yes, everyone is correct, maybe If Obama wins the election, The KKK 'Ku Klux Clan' May threaten or try to kill Obama. Because of the KKK, They are racist people who only want people in their color and religion. So hopefully, many guards would be around Obama and the election day.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

I think so, just because some racist might get pissed that a black is his president.

Showing 1-15 of 47