ForumsProgramming ForumOther program using

9 5627
TrpimirKarlovic
TrpimirKarlovic
2 posts
Nomad

Is it possible to make and submit a game on Armor Games that are made in Java,Unity3D,Game Maker etc...?
Thanks!

• 9 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Only games that are made with Adobe Flash are eligible.

Txsl
Txsl
5 posts
Nomad

Another question, does it possible for a programer using other launguage such as C++, java, C to program in Flash game & make a development? I mean will it really be quick for these people to learn AS 3.0, or Flash itself provide interface for other launguage?

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

So you cant use stencyl?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Another question, does it possible for a programer using other launguage such as C++, java, C to program in Flash game & make a development? I mean will it really be quick for these people to learn AS 3.0, or Flash itself provide interface for other launguage?

I'm pretty sure Adobe Flash allows some lee-way in how you program. You'd have to download the free trial and see.

So you cant use stencyl?

No, you can't use Stencyl.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Only games that are made with Adobe Flash are eligible.

No, you can't use Stencyl.

Except that you can, because Stencyl is perfectly able to publish to SWF
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I didn't know that. I was told Stencyl only produced games in some weird format. You learn something new everyday.
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

(does celebratory dance then continues to use free software)
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

But isn't Stencyl child's play? Or is it better? I've heard the possibilities are limitless...is that not true? Or could you make any type of game you wanted?
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Even flashdevelop is a better program than stencyl. Stencyl is not a serious game development environment.

But isn't Stencyl child's play? Or is it better? I've heard the possibilities are limitless

It is, you don't need to code. Limitless in the confines of what you can do in the program. Which would be very little for someone who is serious about making a real game.
Showing 1-9 of 9