ForumsThe TavernNo change?????

11 1489
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

I've noticed now, that most of the &quotopular" games never change in the past year. Why is it that people don't get bored with games even though they were made a LONG time ago. i know that some games are REALLY good + addictive, but won't you get bored after 2 years???

• 11 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That problem can be attributed to the developers. If they don't make a game that can sustain a 9.1 or higher average rating, the game doesn't get added to the Popular games list.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

The popular games I believe are by average. So, if it stay on the list it doesn't mean everybody plays it all the time.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's a fixed list. The admins choose which games to put up there, and most of the time they're games either made by AG admins or sponsored by AG. They are not added because of ratings or popularity; the games get high ratings and massive amounts of plays from being on the list, not the other way around.

There's currently only one game on the list made by a site admin. That's definitely a record. In the past, the list has consisted mostly of admin-generated games, even though there has almost always been at least one exception from someone like JuiceTin or TogeProductions.

Since it is a fixed list that isn't based on popularity, the name is quite misleading; it would make much more sense if they just called it "Featured Games" so it would at least be honest and not throw people off.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Since it is a fixed list that isn't based on popularity, the name is quite misleading; it would make much more sense if they just called it "Featured Games" so it would at least be honest and not throw people off.

Ha, I never knew. The title is misleading. But you know, at least those games on the list aren't bad.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

The admins choose which games to put up there, and most of the time they're games either made by AG admins or sponsored by AG.

Remember when those Silverado games came out around the time of the Super Bowl? One of those is one of the &quotopular games" in the Arcade section, yet there are other games that have both a higher rating and more plays. The game is on the list because AG was probably paid to have the game on the list.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

I honestly think that they should just put the MOST popular games with the most popular ratings, + how many times played

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I honestly think that they should just put the MOST popular games with the most popular ratings, + how many times played

The purpose of the list is to promote certain games so they'll get more plays and generate more revenue, not to show which games are the most popular already and make them even more popular. That doesn't make much sense.

The name of the list should reflect what the list is for, not the other way around.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

shell shock live one of the highest rated and most played was up for all of 2 weeks that gem craft lybrinth has been up forever i never played it cuz it looked stupid

gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

it is stupid

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i thought this was about money sorry

kevin8ye
kevin8ye