ForumsWEPR[dup]Is Christianity a Waste of Time

48 14363
ellielovescute666
ellielovescute666
61 posts
Nomad

Because I am not a Christian I find it hard to believe that everything that the Bible teaches is real. At school all I ever want to be is a scientist of somekind, so my views are in favour of those of science. There is no God in my life. If he really exists then why is there deaths and war??

• 48 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

What we know as christianity was created by a Constantine the Great, a pagan, he "became a christian" because it was a good buisness opportunity. It was all adapted from pagan believes, and now people follow every word of it like it came from the mouth of God.

oh and i am a catholic and i go to church every week

may i just ask why?
you somehow deny everything christian, and claim it to be pagan.
but still pray and sing and stuff to worship mr.gody
if you really want to believe in a god(s) and you believe that your current believe is made up from the pagan religion. shouldn't you be worshiping the pagan gods? pray, sing and bring offers for them. instead of your current god?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What we know as christianity was created by a Constantine the Great, a pagan, he "became a christian" because it was a good buisness opportunity. It was all adapted from pagan believes, and now people follow every word of it like it came from the mouth of God. oh and i am a catholic and i go to church every week

There are numerous forms of Christianity, Catholicism being one of them. While it is true many elements of Christianity are derived from pagan religions we really can't place Christianity as a whole as being the product of a single individual.
godandd
godandd
1,285 posts
Nomad

"There is one mountain, but many paths..."

I think this scroll in spore is the right answer to these debates. Your religion is not a waste of time if you really believe your doing the right thing, Arguing about it is bad. Shamans follow this scroll dearly, and are very passive on any other race. On the other hand, Zealots, the other kind of religion, Is ignorant and just like warrior empires, demands tribute from time to time. Science is equally ignorant claiming that your to stupid to exist if they go to war with you. My personal archetype is a diplomat: I don't care who the hell you are, or if you believe in religion or not, I'm gonna keep good terms with you.

Showing 46-48 of 48