ForumsGamesminecraft illegal download (i might go to jail)

28 6345
pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

i used to play minecraft classic but now it syays that it is several years old and is no longer supported so i tried the minecraft demop and it said that the video card drivers are not updated enough to handle the software so i typed in google, "minecraft for free" and clicked on the link tryminecraftforfree.com and i clicked play and download and then it locked my computer and said that i have to pay a fee within 48 hours or the option to unlock my computer will expire and it said i have to pay 200 bucks to unlock my computer and i could go to jail for up to 3 years and now i cant get onto my laptop so what should i do?

• 28 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Suspect it's a virus. Minecraft doesn't do this to people normally. Send it to a repair shop.

pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

ok thanks but just making sure that you read it right, its not actually minecraft its tryminecraftforfree.com but thanks im going to do that

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

if u use Windows, just drag the program from downloads, to the recycle bin, and delete it. Then, just delete all your history

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You didn't read me wrong. The official devs would hardly do such a thing, it's prolly a malicious fake website.

feeras1
feeras1
115 posts
Peasant

I think you should have had this topic in The Tavern, because this topic isn't really a suggestion or anything, it's just random. It's not support either because when they say support, they mean AG support, not personal support.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

This thread is why pirating is bad, kids.
And why I sometimes think certain people need licenses just to use computers.

You got yourself infected with some ransomware it seems.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Your an idiot if your computer/laptop can't run it then what makes you think an illegal copy will run and on top of that you have gone and got yourself a virus congratulations.

pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

ok thanks for the advice and by the way gamer cale i reported you so congratulations

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

It is considered weak and uncalled for if you publicly humiliate someone you reported when he was stating the obvious.
This is why you don't click the "download for free" button. Minecraft is only thirty bucks anyway, Skyrim hits at 50-80.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Gamer Cale is right. Why do you think if that the real game doesn't work, an illegal copy will?

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

Well i hope you learned your lesson for trying to commit a crime.
Like Nichodemus posted, a virus is probably at hand and a computer repairman should be able to get rid of it for (an estimate) $80. Good Luck

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Well i hope you learned your lesson for trying to commit a crime.
Like Nichodemus posted, a virus is probably at hand and a computer repairman should be able to get rid of it for (an estimate) $80. Good Luck

Come on guys...you can't be serious? Take the virus off yourself? It's not that hard? You don't even need to have a anti-virus since there is no point in installing one since the malware would disable/not let you.
There's this kid I know, he's going to IT. He pays GeekSquad from Best Buy hundreds of dollars each year for support for his laptop. The things he has troubles with is astonishing and he is still going to IT...I know probably more than half the class in IT about Computers...when I never took any paid classes.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Awww, I wasn't done ranting...It posted accidentally...

On a side note Gamer Cale is correct. He didn't do anything inappropriate except his term of calling you an idiot...

If you seriously fall for those websites...go and delete System 32 for me. It'll remove all of those malware...

[IMG]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/accord27/Advice-Dog-Delete-System32-Make-You.jpg[/IMG]

Sider...side note: I wonder if he'll fall for this...

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

You know what else you can do, just go to your nearest police station and turn yourself in .
No but seriously I think if you can't do anything with it just reboot and leave the downloading to the pirates.

Showing 1-15 of 28