ForumsGamesThe Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

340 178304
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Post anything about the new MMO/Strategy/Zombie game made by ConArtist here. Discuss strategies, zombies, different characters, etc.

I have recently started the game. I,(unfortunately), ran out of fuel after about 15 minutes of gameplay, and am now searching for fuel around the map. Any tips on getting a large amount of fuel without paying for it?

• 340 Replies
FPSFrame52
FPSFrame52
13 posts
Nomad

So far I'm fairly satisfied with it. I mean, don't get me wrong it's a change of pace (with timers and limits that slow the game down) but it's definitely better fare so far than the other F2P MMO crap that generally gets churned out.

The atmosphere's nice, the gameplay is generally solid and addicting, and you can tell Con Artists had a fun time making this game. I really hope it succeeds because it's the way an F2P, time-based strategy game is meant to play.

BigSchlembo
BigSchlembo
5 posts
Shepherd

It's a very godd game but the food and water problem is a big negative point.

sawyergraham01
sawyergraham01
1 posts
Nomad

dudes i've been waiting for this game to load forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlienMonkey
AlienMonkey
1 posts
Nomad

Sooo addictive!

AgZarp
AgZarp
2 posts
Nomad

Its a good game indeed, i played it on FAcebook and it was good on there
But i just got overwelmed by like 20 zombies on my main guy xD

AgZarp
AgZarp
2 posts
Nomad

Wonder if they make anything new

JasonLuong
JasonLuong
1 posts
Nomad

I love this game, but I hate how people can raid your compound...

xXSPIK3Xx
xXSPIK3Xx
15 posts
Peasant

metallichadas
metallichadas
1 posts
Nomad

I become a zombie plaing this game

HarryHarry507
HarryHarry507
3 posts
Nomad

Oh, sorry Jason

blaatwo
blaatwo
1 posts
Nomad

this game is good except it is too hard to get fuel

TACO_Brains007
TACO_Brains007
9 posts
Shepherd

Does anyone happen to know a place where there can be scavenged scripted fuel? If so, please contact me or just reply on the post. Thank you.

dazrisker1
dazrisker1
1 posts
Nomad

GUYS, any tips for selecting survivors?

Should i even bother with medic, recon, etc. or just focus on fighters and scavangers?

currently have 1 fighter 1 scavanger 1 leader

bobthebolder
bobthebolder
1 posts
Shepherd

ITS THE BEST GAME IN THE COMPUTER WORLD THAT I NO OF

RecycleBin
RecycleBin
28 posts
Nomad

Been a while since I posted here and since I'm playing DZ just a few days ago I decided to check the thread.

inb4 wall of text

First off there are many people saying on this thread that it's a "facebook" game and that it's a bad game because of that, I disagree completely. For a few years now there have been game like Evony, Travian, WoL and others that are f2p and rely on build times to do raids or build stuff. What most people hate is the Zynga business model which basically bottlenecks your ability to play the game with the "energy" consumption as you level your way up in the game and it slows you down to do things in the game. Games like Evony or WoL you could play for as long as you wanted if you waited the cooldowns after attacks and such but you didn't need to fork over cash necessarily. AG also has games that ask you for money for content, levels and so on and you don't bash on those games. The current gaming trend is for micro-transactions in games for DLC and extra content, its just the way developers implement it. Personally I like retail over f2p. Besides anyone who complains about f2p games really needs to think what they are looking for in the game. You come in AG to play short fun games free games and play casually that you check on them from time to time.

I comment on this because I've tried FB games and I do hate most of them because they try to squeeze the cash from you. DeadZone is not anything like Zynga games. I'm not a big fan of build,wait for the timer to run out and then keep building but DZ actually has decent build times and it lets you interact with the game. You personally control the raids and can do a fair amount of constant raids depending on the levels you wish to do. There's very little games that let you control the raids and play a "resident evil style" raid. I was actually impressed when I was the different gear and the way you can scavenge and manually do the raids considering its a free game and a "browser game"

So far I don't see it as a pay2win game. You don't need that much fuel to progress and they give you a fair amount to start with. What I do feel is that the PvP aspect is kinda bad and that the game is fairly easy after you get some decent gear. Also the &quotremium" content is expensive and it's just not worth to buy. There are other games that the &quotremium" content is less expensive to encourage people to spend a few bucks but its not the case here. Basically you can play with your crafted or scavenged gear and win over the AI. Another flaw that I see is that there's no concentrated community for the game since there's an AG build, a Kong build and etc and not too much feedback from ConArtist so that explains the lack of "in game friendship" or "clans".

Also this is a different concept from previous TLS games so I would give it a chance. So far I'm enjoying the game but I'm still near lvl10 for my leader so for the moment it's not a bad game.

Showing 241-255 of 340