ForumsThe TavernThe Archery Thread

13 2482
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

This is a thread for discussion about archery, and any aspect of archery, even crossbows!
Archers, archery enthusiasts and bow hunters are all welcome!

• 13 Replies
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

well good thread. though i dont know how many people do archery. i do. i am more of a recurve person. i dont shoot in competitions, just recreationaly. i hope to enter competitions in the coming year.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I tried shooting a bow with cadets once. We took a picnic bench and stood it up. It was fifteen feet away, there was a target on it. I hit the bench once, the forest behind caught the rest of my arrows.

I'm more of a rifle person, although bows are fun.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I've only shot a bow a few times, but it's pretty fun. I've also thrown atl-atls, if you know what that is. Those are hard to use, but really cool.

bj22910
bj22910
33 posts
Nomad

I've shot a bow before, but not really for any distance. I like atl-atls too. I really don't think they're that hard to use.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

i love using atlatls!!! i have made two of them!!. i fletch(feather) my arrows myself. the problem i have is that my darts are too short(4 feet) and stiff with no weight. i am still getting 90+ feet off of it but, the arrow should be 5+ feet and very springy.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I am planning on learning how to use a bow in sharpshooter club, but I have shot bows before. One time I even shot a bulls-eye by quickly pulling and shooting. (second time I tried it I hit the wall about 6 ft above the target.)

atlatls look cool

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Never done archery before but it sure looks cool in the movies :3

batmat
batmat
8 posts
Nomad

I practice on a reguler basis with my bow that has maybe a 60 pound drawback. I also practice throwing knifes and shooting scoped rifles.

nnoaheec12
nnoaheec12
15 posts
Nomad

I have a small compound bow with two arrows lol.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I shot with a bow before. It was really fun. It was for a camp. I was one of the top students there and the archer supervisor was impressed by me.

xXTheGameClubXx
xXTheGameClubXx
10 posts
Nomad

well good thread. though i dont know how many people do archery. i do. i am more of a recurve person. i dont shoot in competitions, just recreationaly.
I once had a target up 25 ft. away and I was just pulling the string with an arrow on it (no motive), and then I let go on accident and I got a bulls eye! The bulls eye was as big as the arrow so I was very H-A-P-P-Y!!!

-TGC
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Just reminding people that this thread does exist.
Surely there are more archers with questions out there?

Showing 1-12 of 13