ForumsWEPRWhat do you think of the world around us?

127 34480
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I think that many things changed over the years. People nowadays doesn't read books as much. People doesn't even like the classical games (hopscotch, Heads Up 7 Up, etc.). Technology was a huge reason for this change. Ever since our modern technology was introduced, people began to rely on those gadgets instead of the old sources. Technology has helped us a lot, but brought everyone down in some way.

• 127 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Now to the current topic, about social media apparently, consider that Africa is by all accounts the poorest and most underdeveloped continent, if fourteen percent of the population is such a place has access to not only a computer but to internet, that is a rather significant achievement, on top of that forty million have access to social networking, meaning this isn't access they retain only in a particular circumstance but are able to rely on it for entertainment purposes for long periods of time. All circumstances considered this is not a small or insignificant number, but a marker of how quickly technology is reforming the world.

It would be interesting to watch as most Africans have their first Internet experience on their phones, not computers. Wonder how that will affect stuff.
Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

The world is mainly tech vs food

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The World doesn't seem different to me because of the Internet, cell phones, etc. I know some people in their 80's that uses Kindle, IPod,
DVR, and they like their new toys. It depends on the individual.
Some people would like the World to stay the same. I think we have more freedom now and we are more informed thanks to the Internet.
I met my GF online and we've been together for 11 years now.
We would have never met otherwise because we lived in different countries. I still read physical books as well as e-books, I still write using a pencil but I mostly write on my keyboard.
I think the ratio of dumb vs intelligent people is the same.
Even idiots can use a computer now so that makes them a little smarter. xD

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

In answer to "What do I think of the world around us"
Here;
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1GlSEXLc2A&feature=related[/url]

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I still read a lot, and I like listening to classical music. Technology makes some people do these things less, but it also makes it easier to do them. There are still quite a few people that still like reading.

Mecha01
Mecha01
2 posts
Nomad

I freaking love how everyone gets mad at you for suggesting to go outside. You might as well be trolling.

The world around us is full of murder, ****, incest, taboo, and bad people. Lots of people die, and most of the time we can't do anything about it. Sure, there's this one organization that's trying to help stop it, but hey, how many more do you need to cleanse the world of this madness?

By the way, get outside more. I promise you that you won't get murdered (yet).

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The world around us is full of murder, ****, incest, taboo, and bad people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNSrt-QOhw&list=FLkf1BJH3vCj6jPhudJuAPsw&index=7&feature=plcp
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Congratulations, Party Devil. You've fallen for an ad.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Congratulations, Party Devil. You've fallen for an ad.

who cares about the ad?
the rest of the video shows that the world is not only bad.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

-_-
Not only are you foolish, you believe what those clips showed wasn't acted? You're living in a corporate world, PartyDevil. You only ensure it by believing the ads.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ads aren't always just illusions. There are always grains of truth.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

A grain of salt in a bag of sugar, nichodemus. The proportion of truth to lies is greatly unbalanced.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

sure, whatever.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

whenever i get afree coke from a friend or whenever i give a bum some food. i do that because coca cola told me to and gives me money for it.

sure man sure. in the world only bad people exist. all good things are done because coperations tells so and gives money.
--.--'

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110522213933/pirates/images/b/b9/Barbossa_introduced.png

You mean, before you saw that ad, you never gave a thought to other people? You needed a billion-dollar corporation to tell you to be kind?

Showing 61-75 of 127