ForumsWEPRWhat do you think of the world around us?

127 34411
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I think that many things changed over the years. People nowadays doesn't read books as much. People doesn't even like the classical games (hopscotch, Heads Up 7 Up, etc.). Technology was a huge reason for this change. Ever since our modern technology was introduced, people began to rely on those gadgets instead of the old sources. Technology has helped us a lot, but brought everyone down in some way.

• 127 Replies
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Well time to quote things back from page one

What is the difference between reading books and reading on the internet?

Can't get cancer from a book. Doesn't the internet and computers bleach your screen from the screens light or give you cancer or some type of radiation?

People doesn't even like the classical games (hopscotch, Heads Up 7 Up, etc.).

When you say people are you referring to just children or adults included, because these are really just kid games, and I can assure you kids still do play them. I know this because I see them play these types of games.

People nowadays doesn't read books as much.

I read all the time (novels) and I'm still 17 and enjoy it. Most of what you're saying really has no basis or evidence, other than the fact that people rely on gadgets most often.

P.S. Stop using doesn't, you come off as kind of illiterate.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

other than the fact that people rely on gadgets most often.

Sorry for double post, I meant to say "more often".
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Can't get cancer from a book. Doesn't the internet and computers bleach your screen from the screens light or give you cancer or some type of radiation?

never heard of such thing.
only that it (like every unnatural light source) keeps your brain more active after dark. and that you can get sleeping problems if you try to go from screen light to sleepy stage. your brain needs more time to come to rest. but this is getting into to much detail now.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I think that the world around us is ok when I good when I shut off my technology and go outside of my house.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

P.S. Stop using doesn't, you come off as kind of illiterate.

Don't you think I already know the purpose colloquial writing or so?

Interesting, cancer from a book. Once you read a book (me), and I cannot stop reading. The invigoration spreads all over me saying I should read this book, just like an adrenaline rush. (Wierd analogy, but you get the point?)
Stephanstein
Stephanstein
8 posts
Blacksmith

I think that our world is not the same as it used to, but she's beautiful nature vseravno we do not always do it that's it! For example: in the woods cut down trees although we need! generally all is well and the world itself =)

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

If you were to compare an ideal world to our world, what major factors would you see different from our two societies?

View the world as Voltaire did. (He visualized the world based of negative thoughts. "Folly of optimism&quot

Showing 121-127 of 127