ForumsThe TavernAge Difference.

36 19658
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I don't know if this has been discussed before. It's random, hence placing in The Tavern.

Age difference. What are your views on age difference and why is it so different in real life versus online?

Obviously there's different situations that will bring out different viewpoints. Where i am coming from is, age difference, romantically if usually frowned upon when you're younger - that is a 13 year old dating a 20 year old is usually viewed as wrong, but a 20 year old dating a 27 year old isn't. The reason i thought of this was actually the users of AG: As an active member i talk to numerous people. The age ranges from 13 to 30something [I think].

Now i get on very well with this young teens and older adults but in real life, i wouldn't be able to have a "friendship" as such with a young teen. Is it acceptable online because you don't have to be around them? If you were a parent, wouldn't you be worried your child was talking to someone several years younger/older? Final thought: Is it just me, or does it seem more acceptable for such a gap in age between friends on AG as opposed to a live chat room etc?

• 36 Replies
Showing 76-75 of 36