ForumsThe TavernOh, Heavens Help! The birthday present; UNKNOWN!

16 2979
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I am going to treat myself to one fantastic, but just one, present on my birthday. I have narrowed what I want down to two options;
A fine Manau Palm wood longbow, completely functional and realistic, with ample weight and poundage, from an excellent retailer
Or,
Assassin's Creed III, perhaps one of the biggest games to be released this year.

Both have drawbacks.
The bow is worth about 160$, about double what Assassin's Creed III, and Assassin's Creed III is sure to be cheaper by Christmas, but it's one of those things where "I should choose this, but this looks so good!"

Which of these magnificent items should I buy?
Oh, and I can get the bow on my birthday, but I must wait 2 days, if more, for ACIII, and I use a Macintosh.

• 16 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

oh god, the bow! take it for us who cant get one!

i almost got a crossbow in poland, in a "school trip" about the holocaust {we were in krakov, go to the old market! im in love}.

my friends made me not buying it, says that they wont allow me to pick it up to the flight back.

and damm, people brough in swords and axes, and i feel so bad about it now...

get the BOW! DO IT!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

it all depends on what you want more. id obviously choose the game but thats just me. waiting and price (not really but still) have to play almost no role in your decision in my opinion. just choose the one you want more. also... the bow does sound more rare (i might be wrong?) then the game. will you be able to get it later if you get the game? because you can obviously get the game in the future.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I got the best idea ever:

1) Get the game!
2) Start playing it hardcore. (Playing it for more than 5 hours and staying up late to play it!)
3) Return/sell the game when you finish it by the end of the maximum of 2 weeks!
4) Get money back!
6) Buy the bow!

About your Mac problem...well what did you expect? It is a Mac? More popularly used for Social Media websites rather than gaming.

HOW ABOUT THIS?
Instead buy a PC? With Windows (Gaming), or Linux. (Programming).

(Yes I skipped 5!)
(You checked back...)
(I also skipped 9...)
(You're not going to look are you...?)

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

(You checked back...)

no i didnt.

bow. all the way. (coming from a fellow archer who doesnt play ANY video games)
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I would definitely go for the bow. The bow can be enjoyable for quite a while (maybe years?), rather then maybe a couple weeks to a month you could get out of the game. I would choose the bow... Seems pretty awesome!

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Bow certainly seems to be winning, I'll wait for 1 post, if more, on page 2 before I decide.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Two bows:
One from the retailer I know, the other from Amazon.
Here's the Amazon bow;
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Ready-English-Style-Longbow/dp/B001MK2M6W/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1346141125&sr=1-4&keywords=Longbow[/url]
And here's the one I know well enough would be good;
[url]http://www.thelongbowshop.com/products/Longbow-Basic.html[/url]

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Get someone in real life to tell you to get either one. If you feel disappointed at their choice, or think, "But what about ____?" Get the other one.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

get the bow! a bow will always be somthing that will be useful but a game will be dead and gone within a year or two

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

get the bow, its much more useful in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

really, buy some arrows too. duh.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

get the bow, its much more useful in the event of a zombie apocalypse

actually, assassins creed skills would be much more useful in that case. because im such a hardcore gamer, i going with AC3.
GET THE GAME

P.S my birthday is on Saturday! YAY!
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Not to burst thy bubble or the like, but watching something be done, like the AC series' freerunning, is a bit different from actually doing it.
Anyway, tis decided! The Longbow Shop will have another 140 dollars in its coffers in the next month or so.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Anyway, tis decided! The Longbow Shop will have another 140 dollars in its coffers in the next month or so.

So this thread will be closed...*gasp*.

Anyways, for the type of bow, get one with a really huge draw-weight since you will gain muscles and it will shoot longer.

I always wanted a bow.

Do you have money for arrows...'cause what's a bow without arrows? Do you also have a spot for shooting the bow?
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I have some arrows from my other bow, the draw weight on this bow is 30lbs, I can get a 40 pounder, but it is no fun to shoot one hundred arrows a day off a bow you can barely draw. I would like a dozen new, tailored-for-the-bow arrows, but the shops sells them at about 80 dollars to the dozen, so I need to use Amazon and find some cheaper arrows. And a quiver. The Longbow Shop has these bloody amazing leather Celtic Knot quivers that I drool over, but they're an extra 80$.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

find some cheaper arrows
wal-mart!!
Showing 1-15 of 16