ForumsThe TavernMessage to all Americans

24 4210
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

I am Irish. I have lived in Ireland all my life.
No one here says

TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA

Never in a million years would you ever here an Irish person saying that unless one of us is taking the mick out of Americans for thinking we say that. I am just telling you all so that if you ever here someone else doing an impression of an Irish person and says that, you can correct them...

• 24 Replies
Stirke
Stirke
78 posts
Peasant

well what about the Irish being constantly drunk

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

whatever, mate, im Australian and all i do is drink Fosters, practice my boomerang, save babies from dingos and race kangaroos.

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

Yeah, that's kind of an easily spotted stereotype. Thank you for helping look out for it though, lad(jk).

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

There is a high ammount of over drinking on weekends but no higher than in England or the US

Stirke
Stirke
78 posts
Peasant

i ask because i know a guy who is part irish and he reinforces that he has the "Irish Liver" so to speak

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I thought saying "top o' the mornin' to ya" was Scottish. ?

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

yeah, thats a stereotype of the Irish race...
I'm Irish, but live in the 'Great' USA and I hear that often....
American's Are IDIOTS Including myself for living here!... HATE president Bush.

~Snowman1474

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

It's a catching tune. Hm, I might start using that now. That is stereotype, but wasn't that the Scottish?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

@snowman1474
American isn't that bad, it's mostly our annoying government and mostly stereotypist people(not all, of course), but every country has some sort of 'roblem', nothing's perfect.

as for the stereotype, luckily I don't believe things like that, but I do know people who love to make fun of other countries, it's immature and really annoying, oh well, can't change the public =(

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Top o' the mornin'? I thought that was a pirate or even a viking stereotype!

whatever, mate, im Australian and all i do is drink Fosters, practice my boomerang, save babies from dingos and race kangaroos.

Mate, down in Vic we drink Carlton Draught. Made from beer, bloody oath.
Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Your Irish?Cool I am also Irish!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Um, if you guys don't mind me asking...

what's a 'Dingo'?
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

Actually in europe they do not drink unresponsibly they do not get drunk usually and beer is healthy to you to some degree

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

right. If you have one small alchoholic drink a day, it can imorive your heart and let you live longer.

hitemup
hitemup
40 posts
Nomad

is ur name O'Grady and u live with a bunch of leprachans and wear buckles on ur shoes?

Showing 1-15 of 24