ForumsPopular MediaDexter

36 16907
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Here's a thread where you can talk about the series Dexter!

I started watching it about a week ago and I'm starting season 6 now. I love the character development and how each season has a new main villain.

To avoid spoiling it in the opening post, I won't mention anything else, but I'll respond to other posts here. However if you do decide to talk about stuff that may spoil it for others, try to include a spoiler tag.

If you don't have the means to pay to watch the show or don't want to wait for it on television, you can watch it here. I'd recommend only using the sockshare, putlocker, and gorillavid links located below the specific episodes. They have the best quality.

• 36 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Wow, what an ending that was. I didn't expect it, but I knew something was gonna happen to LaGuerta. For the show to continue she couldn't live. Those Doakes flashbacks were a nice touch too. Near the end it showed a scene of Hannah putting a plant outside of Dexter's place, I can only assume it's poisonous because that's what she's known for. Wonder what'll go on next season, since she's out of jail, and all the other stuff that's happened.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I haven't watched the episode yet, I'm just mad at the lost of opportunity to see Hannah unclothed a little more. xD

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Next season is rumored to be the last, so I'm curious to see how they'll end it. Dexter in jail, dead, starting a new life, continuing with what he does? All I can think of for him, but what about the rest? Well, not really any interesting characters anymore besides Deb. Masuka seems to be getting less and less lines, Quinn sucks, Batista is retiring. That's about all of them. A possible ending could be Dexter getting killed in front of Harrison and the whole cycle repeating itself, where Deb has to teach him the "code" and stuff, but that seems cheesy.

Some things that bugged me about this season:
- Deb had no blood on her clothes after hugging LaGuerta in the season finale
- Quinn's story was useless
- Arson killer was useless
- LaGuerta didn't think to research Rita's death, remember Trinity's son? He's still alive, she could've questioned him about Dexter
- LaGuerta didn't get Quinn in on the Dexter case, Quinn previously suspected Dexter was a killer in earlier seasons
- When LaGuerta brought Dexter in the building in cuffs Quinn was in the background and looked uninterested

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Next season is rumored to be the last

It's confirmed. They also know how it's going to end. (The creators I mean)

Anyways, that was probably the best season finale out of all seasons for me, it was pretty freaking awesome, though a bit obvious.

I'm assuming that in the next season either, Dexter dies, Runs away with Hannah, or Hannah kills both Deb and Dexter. Either way it'll be an interesting season.

- Quinn's story was useless
- Arson killer was useless

Yeah they were fillers to add more story in my opinion tbh.

A possible ending could be Dexter getting killed in front of Harrison and the whole cycle repeating itself, where Deb has to teach him the "code" and stuff, but that seems cheesy.

That's actually an interesting theory, besides the Deb teaching him the code or whatever. Although that would be a pretty dry and unoriginal way of ending it.
expl
expl
1 posts
Blacksmith

A load of years ago I have seen three seasons of it and liked them (esp. first and second) a lot! So life went that for several years I have not watched any series, barely watched a movie then. So quite recently I am back to it, on season four and loving it.

I won't read much of the topic, due to the danger *shivers * of spoilers.

Also, I have quite a load of respect for the actor who plays the villain (season 4), upon whom I've even read some bio-stuff on iMDB back in the days, learning he has quite an amount of expirience playing in theater. On an unrelated topic , I like Third Rock from the Sun

Dexter is great for it's original idea, and how they manage to... Despite popularity and large budget, do not... Overload the series with popular, so to say, hollywood-ish stuff.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm assuming that in the next season either, Dexter dies, Runs away with Hannah, or Hannah kills both Deb and Dexter. Either way it'll be an interesting season.

Well, he's shown that he loves Hannah, but he loves Deb more, so I don't think he'd run away with her. It's possible Hannah could kill Deb, but I doubt she'd be able to get to Dexter.
Yeah they were fillers to add more story in my opinion tbh.

They could've made them more interesting though. The arson killer was in there for like two episodes and he was a nobody, I expected something like with Travis Marshall, though not as long. And Quinn's just ended so abruptly... he kills the manager then she leaves. Very poor character development there.

You know, I wouldn't mind a spin off series with Isaak Sirko. Like his life in those countries and his rise in the brotherhood. He brought some interesting dialogue in Dexter and I really enjoyed his character.
Showing 31-36 of 36